1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DNA tuning

Discussion in 'Tuning' started by dreddg, Mar 20, 2006.

1. dreddg

dreddg Member

Hi all

Has anyone used this company??? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/noidea.gif

If so was it a success /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif or failure?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsdown.gif

Please let me know /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/comeon.gif

Thanks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/book.gif
  2. dreddg

dreddg Member

I take it nobody has used this company, and no-one can help...... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bang.gif

Looks like I might be biting the bullet, providing they can do my car for me....... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif
  3. s4woody

s4woody New Member

hi i have used DNA tuning for a remap on my car.. i have an audi s4 avant and i must say what a great company they are..my car was transformed into a beast.. i would like to add they know what there doing and are very professional and very competative on price..you will not be disappointed with the results..give them a call and enjoy your new car status.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif
  4. dreddg

dreddg Member

Hi S4Woody

Thanks for the info, a few people have pm me and rated them highly. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

Unfortunately they have got their work cut out researching my car, some unusal ECU. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Keeping my fingers crossed that John can help /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif
  5. imported_hookie

imported_hookie Guest

Well another late night for me!
    Right so your ECU after a little investigation.... I know why no one else wants to do this, it's the older type Bosch ECU not unusual just a little older and a bit more more work or (not an off the shelf map or 'easy' money)that instead of using the standard PSOP am29f200/400/800BB chip it's the much earlier type that needs a special adapter that has to 'boot' on standard data before switching over to the modified remapped data, it can't be OBD flashed at all as the protocols simply don't exist on this ecu, as that was before OBD flashing was used at the factory so the only way to do this one is with an adapter.

It's quite ironic now with most tuners doing OBD only flashing that we get many tuners sending us stuff they can't flash as many ecu's have had an upgrade that's non flashable and they need to upgrade them, also failed OBD flashes needing to be repaired, an example seen on this very forum recently. Good soldering and eprom flashing will always be needed despite propoganda from OBD only companies! In all fairness if you can solder 'good' it's no different from an OBD flash, we do flash here alot with both milford switchable units and other serial programming solutions but I will say one thing, OBD flashing can fail and if your tuner has no soldering abilities and the flash fails then you're stuffed!

ME9 and EDC16 are a completely different story /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bang.gif
    But not an issue thankfully! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jump.gif
  6. dreddg

dreddg Member

John

All a bit double dutch to me?????

Can it be done??????
  7. imported_hookie

imported_hookie Guest

Course it can /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
  8. dreddg

dreddg Member

YIPPEEEEEEEEE /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/MexWave.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/woohoo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yes.gif

John you are a life saver /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bravo.gif

Golden Question; Is this gonna kill my wallet????? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked2.gif
  9. imported_hookie

imported_hookie Guest

10. dreddg

dreddg Member

John

I will wait for your email to let me know price?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Thanks

George