1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DMF Question...

BigBird Dec 10, 2010

1. BigBird

BigBird Lost in music...

Hi all,

Just getting the bits together for the new non-slip clutch fitment. Ordered an LUK DMF, but it doesn't come with the bolts to fit it. I know you could reuse the old ones, but as I'm shelling out for the clutch, DMF, fitting etc I may as well get new bolts fitted...

Anyway, question is - how many bolts secure the DMF? The guy fitting it thinks 8, but Audi claim only 6, so I bought 6 while I happened to be at the parts place. The Audi parts guy says they fit a lot of clutches, so I guess they should know, but my previous experiences with them don't exactly fill me with any confidence...

I know I should have just bought the 8 as they're cheap, but I was in a hurry & didn't think! It's quite a round trip to pick up 2 more if I need them on the day...:(

Help is much appreciated...

2. mike foster

mike foster Fossie VCDS Map User

Looks like 6 shown in ETKA. Socket head bolt with inner multipoint head. About £2 each ?

3. BigBird

BigBird Lost in music...

Thanks very much for looking it up Mike - it's appreciated.

See I shouldn't have doubted the guy at Audi now should I - I've got the 6 bolts I need...

Cheers again...:icon_thumright: