DIY S3 Oil Change

scoobyra

It's not f@cking ORANGE!!!!!
Reaction score
Need some advice please and I can't get the forum search funtion to work properly!!

I haven't changed the oil in my S3 for ages......well for ever actually so better late than never!

I remember reading on here about some Fuchs Oil for around £15 for 5l but when I visited my local GS they said they were discontinuing it. They had 5 individual 1l packs left and sold it to me at £30 including the filter and the chap said there's no way on earth they'd be selly 5l packs at £15!! Am I getting onfused with 10w40???

Anyway, is there anything else I need apart from the oil and filter? (don't say tools - I have them) and how easy is it to do?

if your just changing oil+filter might wanna get a replacement sump plug too. how many miles is it on? when and what was done at service?

it is a really easy job that audi have kindly made that little bit more awkward. the boost pipe between the bottoms of the two intercoolers is kind of in the way for getting the filter off.
It's not a big deal but just awkward if you have arms like telegraph poles or hands like a gorilla. In fact if you have any kids get them to reach up for you. win win.

Might be worth looking at doing the oil pickup pipe and filter too, guide is in the stickies.