DIY RS4 GRILLE OPTIONS

durb992000

Reaction score
Been weighing out the different options of changing my standard s-line grille. Im looking for a black optic rs4 grille with the honey comb mesh. Ideally i would like an OEM grille but obviosuly looking to save money.
I have seen these on ebay for cheap and im wondering if anyone has used them??
FK AUDI A4 B7 04-08 RS4 STYLE DIAMOND MESH BLACK GRILL on eBay (end time 21-Sep-10 10:30:53 BST)

At the very worst i was thinking i could buy the above and cut the horizontal bars out and re-mesh the whole grille.

Any thoughts or threads you can direct me towards where people may have done similar things.
Any help much appreciated,
Cheers,
James

im thinking da same but thought this gril b 2much work, ive been looking at breaking rs4's or even biting da bullet n going 4 an oem 1. But im lucky on tha if i do as i allready have black surround so jus need 2buy da mess bit.

I think re-meshing my s-line grille would be just as messy as re-meshing the £60 ebay one to be honest. I just wondered if anyone had either bought the ebay grille and if it fits s-line models? Or has anyone tried their own DIY meshing to give the rs4 look.

I looked at these mate, I asked multiple sellers and they are for SE grills so they wont fit our cars. so far it seems our options are OEM or bust!!

The thing is that if you don't change the front bumper to look like the rs4 simply a grill will not be as great. Except you want to change it all which will cost alot. I'm quite keen on the new s3 grill with those vertical chrome bars also on new s8 fitted on the my b7. Do they sell them complete or people diy them?

I think re-meshing my s-line grille would be just as messy as re-meshing the £60 ebay one to be honest. I just wondered if anyone had either bought the ebay grille and if it fits s-line models? Or has anyone tried their own DIY meshing to give the rs4 look.

That £60 Ebay S-line grill would be mine. It fits the s-line no probs as thats what it came off

Are you certain the £60 ebay grille in the link above definitely fits an s-line mate? I have heard the odd person say they only fit the SE models.
Also is the £180 stated above for an OEM RS4 grille from a dealer?? Or just a standard s-line?
Cheers for the replies,
James

Sorry James, I got a mixed message there. I thought you were refering to the OEM s-line grill on Ebay to re-mesh. Both the OEM s-line and RS4 grills are around the £150 to £180 mark from the dealers. The one in the link looks cheap IMHO

I couldn't agree more that the grille on ebay looks cheap!! Just wondered if it was possible to re-mesh it or if anyone here knows anyone that has tried it in the past. But maybe it is worth getting an OEM one from a dealer.

Have you guys thought of trying my option - of adapting an all in one RS6 grill......:think:

Front1.jpg

Last edited:
Can i ask where you got that grill from, all the ones ive seen come with a non removable plate holder??

Can i ask where you got that grill from, all the ones ive seen come with a non removable plate holder??

As stated, it's from the Audi RS6 - where the number plate mount just fits on the grill - it's not an integral part of it....