diy induction kit

goon

Reaction score
have recently fitted an induction kit to my 1.8t. not many on the market,some around £80 so made my own. remove airbox top,disconnect plugs etc( be gentle,airflow sensor very brittle). remove lower airbox. remove airflow sensor and heat sink from airbox lid(be careful airflow sensor very brittle). fit air filter to airflow sensor. i used kn filter from demon tweeks,part no. re-0930 or rm-3001 should also fit (76mm diameter inlet pipe). fit unit to inlet pipe. reconnect plugs position heat sink nearest wing, refit cold air feed pipe. only problem is the heat from the turbo directly below so i made a heatshield- 1/8" ally plate,10" across,13" high with a 1" 90deg lip at base to mount on inner wing frame/x-member. drill and mount it with filter removed then remove, bend and shape over the turbo. drill and mount the pipe clamps to the shield to prevent chefing the pipe. gives a nice subtle sound,noticeably better pull in lower gears. if anyone wants pics pm me and i will email them to you.

filter1.jpg
filter2.jpg

just a quick add on to say the heatshield actually works. measured temperatures in the engine bay were - 35 deg at air filter, 59 deg other side of plate.

bet it doesn't sheild heat when you are stnding in traffic having been hooning around town... I know as mine was the same. I now have a different set up.
Is that an oiled filter? not recommended due to the MAF