1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DIY chipping?

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by deejay, Oct 18, 2007.

1. deejay

deejay New Member

Does anyone do DIY chipping? By that i mean can you buy a coded chip to fit in the ECU yourself? I really wanna chip my car but can't justify the £250... :no:

Anyone got a spare chip/ECU for sale?:yes: :sadlike: (Engine code AJL.)
  2. docurley

docurley Moderator Staff Member Moderator

German ebay is the place and he makes them for your ECU number then you just need to get it solderd in.

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/SJK-DIGITAL_Audi_W0QQcolZ4QQdirZ1QQfsubZ2QQftidZ2QQtZkm

And yes I have heard good reports so far about this company.
  3. Markey

Markey Active Member

How confident are you that you wont break your ECU if you are 100% then go for it as it would prob cost more in the long run if you bust it.
  4. Blue_Thunder

Blue_Thunder Active Member

If you can't justify the £250 for the remap, how will you justify the Insurance premium increase or the MPG figures going south?
  5. Jimbo.King

Jimbo.King Member

I gather you have the 180bhp Quattro Sport with engine code AJL, i think £250 is a little optimistic for a decent remap anyway, AMD charge £340 + vat fitted.

Also if you want to fit it yourself you have to remove the old 44 pin chip and re-fit the new 44 pin chip, this can be quite a job in itself without the right tools.
    [​IMG]