1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Diverter valve top hose clip... help

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by comdw, Jul 10, 2010.

1. comdw

comdw Member

Replaced my DV today, but I can't get the top hose clip tight. It has one of those clips with a loop on that require a special tool. I bought this tool from Halfords (£18 :() but this will only operate on the clip from the side - which you can't do on this clip as its in a recess on the DV.

Can't use a standard hoseclip for the same reason. Is there another tool I need which will somehow tighten the clip from above. Also are you supposed to use a brand new clip as I'm not convinced this one will tighten - maybe just after all my fiddling around with it tho.
  2. Matt82

Matt82 Active Member

just use good quality jubilee clips
  3. comdw

comdw Member

I don't see how I can use a jubilee clip, because the location where the hose has to be clamped is in a recess of the DV, so the screw part of the clip won't fit in, and even if I found one small enough to fit, I still can't turn it in the recess. Unless there is such a thing as a jubilee clip where the screw is perpendicular to the normal orientation?
  4. Matt82

Matt82 Active Member

youre talking about the vacume hose on top right?

if so, get some 3mm id silicon vac hose and replace any of the existing vac hoses with that. perfect fit, doesnt need clips either
  5. devan

devan Member

I noticed this when i took my DV out to test to see if it was leaking, so i just took the other end of the top hose off, nearer to the engine block.

I can imagine it will be a pain to tighten any clip there, but a jubilee clip does sound easier.
  6. Y83OLK

Y83OLK Hulk Smash!

tighten the clip on the pipe.... wd40 then slide the pipe back onto the dv.
    worked for me.