Disk and pad options

Lordy

Reaction score
Hey guys, new to the forum and need some advice.

I've got a late 54 reg 1.8t 190hp A4 which requires new disks and pads all round (advisory on MOT). I fancy something with a little more bite as I do like to give her a bit of punishment once in a while and wondered if you have any recommendations?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

If you have 245mm rear discs, i ahve a brand new set of pagid discs here I don't need.

Thanks for the quick response guys, how can I tell which sizes I need? I read somewhere it was in the front of the service manual.

190's have 312mm fronts and 255mm rears

I've tried ultimax dimpled and grooved discs and pads, they look good behind the wheel but were crap and so have now changed everything to brembo discs and pads, had them for almost a year now and they are perfect..

Thanks Pabs you're the man! Is that brembo all round or just fronts?? I've heard good things about ds2500's for pads. I'm also contemplating changing over to braided lines and doing a fluid change but also unsure on which fluid to use.

No probs mate yeah I've got brembos all round. Padgid and ferrodo get good reviews just depends on your budget, brake fluid change is a definite think its recommended to be changed every 2-3 years and it's dot4 fluid for our cars mate. Your gonna be busy doing all that before xmas.

When your doing your discs check your calipers if the piston is stiff or difficult to push I would recommend getting them refurbed or exchanged, I made the mistake of not and it cost me a new set of front discs and pads and new calipers a few weeks after changing them, the piston seized which clamped the pad on the discs and warped them I was gutted

Haha yeah sure am, needs doing though. I don't have to much Xmas expenditure and work nights so shouldn't be a worry. ;) Are your brembos grooved? Dimpled? or just regular??

I just got the normal 312mm vented, you can get grooved ones I think they are called brembo max but they were quite a bit more expensive, they look good though

Brembo Max Discs and pads here!

DSC_0131.jpg

Photo0078.jpg

Photo0080.jpg

Never had a problem with them, rears are standard Brembo because they dont seem to do a grooved rear in this size and cant see it making much difference on the back