Disgusted with people, the A3 has had its first scratch.

sat1983

Reaction score
No pics sadly- Discovered what I can best describe as a shoe sole mark on the paintwork and near the bumper the classic few scratches. You'd now barely notice- i managed to get the black mark out. It's now got a residue type mark i can't get out (even with AG Tar remover) and the very light scratches on the bumper left on it.
mad.gif

It's a major rant, but i'm fed up with people not caring for other peoples proprety. It's my first new car, i've had it less than 6 months too. ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH i'm so annoyed.
Needs detailing now more than ever, but to a certain extent even puts me off that as you can be sure that when it gets done i'll have another mark on it. And to think i'm one of these that park miles away so I can avoid having anyone park next to me.

Well I'm pretty sure it happened at my place (I live in flats):crying: . Makes me so paranoid now. I will NOT buy another new car untilwe can afford a place with either our own drive, or double garage.

Sorry to hear this. These people are cowards! Probably some stupid kids or dumb people who don't know how to handle their drink.

this stuff does annoy me too - i mean i watched a guy at my gym once and he walked down between my car and another car with this massive big bag over his shoulder and i watched it glide down the side of my car - he didn't even blink! i wanted to jump on him! as it happens it didnt do any harm but it could have!

Many thanks people. It's going to get detailed by someone on detailing world. And I'll just have to park 10 miles away now!

I feel your pain. My car also has been demaged ... BY MY LANDLORD! he parked his huge SUV next to me one day in the rain and his daughter open the wrong side of the door (really really ****** me off, because there was no car parked on the other of their car, but she decided to open the door next to my car). The SUV door dented the panel above my front left wheel.
I have to say the first accident/scratch is the worst thing ever, I try and try to keep it tip top and it always ended up with someone couldn't care less. I was lucky that my landlord is a straight up guy, so he came to apolagize and covered all the repair cost. Panel has a small dent and scratch, it will be fixed, not replaced, the panel and the left front door will be repainted (so color match better). He will also pay for my Perma Shine I put on too. Total this will cost him 13,000 NOK (~ 1,000 GBP), just insane. I'm not the one paying it in this case so I will request the best garage and paint work and not have to worry about how much it will cost.

I know how much pain it costed me so I can imagine how you would feel.

When it comes to parking, I "mostly" feel safe parking at home, and at work. But when it comes to shooping mall, movies and so on, I usually try to find a spot between Audis, BMWs or Bens. My girlfriend always complain I take too much time to park. When I park in public place, I don't focus on the empty spot, I focus more on what cars are next to the empty spot instead.

I guess you can argue both ways, if you park next to a BMW, he/she might hate Audis and decide to give your car a kick. But to me, this has been working so far. The car says something about the owner, and that gives me a peace of mind.

Good luck with the detailing.

i always try to park in an end space - that way you can park right over as close to the kerb as you can (but obviously be careful of the wheels - but who cares if it takes you a minute or two to get it just right?) that way there is a massive gap on the vulnerable side so that chances are when someone parks there, there is plenty of room - more than normal. Its not fool proof but it hedges your bets a lot i think.

When i park my A3 i always park miles away from anyone else and then i always double space the car with the white line running under the middle, i mean a £30 fine is alot cheaper than having your door repaired.:icon_thumright:

Can I join the gutted club as well please??

Had my car just on a month, and have found this:

DSC01617.JPG

Close up:
close-up.jpg

Looks right down to the metal/primer.

Any suggestions on how to sort - or is it a dealer job?

mcmasman said:
My girlfriend always complain I take too much time to park
This seems to be the same all over the world then for people who care about their cars. My ex girlfriend used to complain about this all the time, and she told me her ex boyfriend (in France) used to do it too. Its no suprise then her car was a battered shed!!

steve184 said:
i always try to park in an end space - that way you can park right over as close to the kerb as you can (but obviously be careful of the wheels - but who cares if it takes you a minute or two to get it just right?) that way there is a massive gap on the vulnerable side so that chances are when someone parks there, there is plenty of room - more than normal. Its not fool proof but it hedges your bets a lot i think.
Yep, I do this too and my girlfriend complained about that also! Fortunately the Morrisons we used to use a lot had some bays that were extra wide (not the disabled ones! They backed onto the disabled ones and because they couldn't fit five bays in the space they made 4 larger bays) and I still used to park on the end as far over as I could. Why don't (most) women understand that its only right, if you have a nice car, that you want to keep it that way?

thats the way of the world im affraid there will always be people who dont care. Personally i always park on 2 spaces i dont care what people think id rather have a pristine car than one covered in parking dings. As for the damage on the S3 im afraid thats a big job to sort

marshalld said:
Can I join the gutted club as well please??

Had my car just on a month, and have found this:

DSC01617.JPG

Close up:
close-up.jpg

Looks right down to the metal/primer.

Any suggestions on how to sort - or is it a dealer job?

Oh nasty, I would get Chips Away or some one to take a look at it, they did a repair on my old car and it was perfect, and I mean invisible, but they are franchised units, so quality can really vary. Your other choice is full door respray, but you might have the same problem again with poor quality

How did this happen marshallb? That'll be quite a lot harder to sort out than mine will be. Why don't manufacturers find a way of making paint tougher?!!

I'm f^*king sick of people who don't give a ****. Some cow in a Cayenne Turbo opened her door onto my mates’ car putting a dent in the wing recently. She was too busy trying to get her Harvey Nics bags out the back to even care. Luckily for him though, he was approaching the car from some distance so saw it happen. Unluckily for her someone must have ran their key along her door in objection to what they saw!
:applaus:

If all of us tend to park miles away to avoid damage, how about making sure we have Audi Sport stickers and then we can park next to each other!

Nice idea, we can have a secret club - and the first rule will be ' you don't talk about audi-sport club' you just wear your sticker ;)

Everytime I go to a car park I always park as far away as I can with no cars next to me, but once I come back to the car I always find someone parked right next to me, I mean I think they do this on purpose, out of all the spaces available they choose to park next to me.

But hey what can you do I think they feel good parking there car next to an S3 lol

sat1983 said:
How did this happen marshallb? That'll be quite a lot harder to sort out than mine will be. Why don't manufacturers find a way of making paint tougher?!!

I've got no idea. :sorry:

The car hasn't been used all week - been parked up in the communal parking outside my house with nothing parked on the passenger side (that's where the damage is). I spotted it having come back from giving the car a run. But it didn't look fresh enough to have happened during it.

d3fy - It's on the passenger side rear quarter on an S3 - no door to re-spray there :sadlike:

Alas, I've joined this 'club' now - just had a message from my wife informing me that some *&^&%$!! has driven into the side of my A3 S-Line whilst parked outside our house...and driven off. They've kindly left a foot long dent in the rear wing/door, covered in green paint.

DSC04608L.jpg

Lovely :banghead:

F**K....my neighbour dinked my 6-week old A4 yesterday - tried to deny it until i pointed out the matching colour - going through insurance to stick it too them, serves them right for not owning up and hopefully teach em a lesson for the future :)

i'm glad to see im not alone in the 'public car park parking' game!. but i find the more you try to use 2 spaces/end spaces/far away spaces your car acts like a magnet to inconsiderate b*strds :(

Wow what is it with all the a** holes these days. It's driving me crazy!

I mean i'm being told that no matter what, i'll NEVER have my new front bumper sprayed to my original colour. It will never match!

I'm seriously thinking about selling it... Only thing holding me back is the fact that it seems like the only car with every optional extra!

I agree with far space and end spaceparking strategy, but I must admit I find double space parking extremely rude, especially when someone does it in a paid underground carpark, and I've been driving for 5 mins to look for a spot.

I also pay much attention to who I park next to, I make some assumptions on driver base on the car, you can never be sure but it gives me a peace of mind.

mcmasman I agree.
My personal list:
Newish 4 x4s= no chance of parking next to them, it'll be a blonde lass with tons of posh brats.
MPV= Same principle
hhmmm. Actually I don't trust anyone- it seems i'm the only bloke out there with a cared for car! I'll always park miles away and under no trees.