DISCUSSION FOR SCOOBYNET MEET - Notes within

Cant really not go, poor kid, lets give him what he wants :)

This is also on a skyline forum and as of later today an ST owners forum will be made aware by my friend.

Hopefully should put a smile on the lad's face :)

Gutted I can't take part, I'll be working during the time of this meet!

One of my customers is the organiser of West Mids Impreza's, I'm sure he will be there with his mates!

im told the new venue is
FRED LAWTON LTD
MELTHAM MILLS INDUSTRIAL ESTATE, MELTHAM HUDDERSFIELD,HD9 4DS

no idea was from the forum
i know there still after diffrent places
think theres 750 comfirmed upto now thats just FB

Latest information is that they're looking at a venue with capacity for 1000-1500 cars. More details due soon, I'd expect with a narrower estimate on capacity and any relevant information to ensure things run as smoothly as possible.

I've a funny feeling that regardless of whether capacity is 50 or 5000, it's going to be a hectic day. The thread is a little over a day old, the spread of news is still gaining pace, and it hasn't really hit the largest media (and social media) outlets yet. If it looks like they're going to blow whatever capacity limit is set, the problem is simply that it'll be difficult to track places and people confirmed as definitely going - and the masses are going to feel 1) no less compelled to go, 2) like they must anyway, to ensure every possible space is filled (no-shows at something like this when people have been turned away would be a real shame). It's probably wisest to plan not only for those who'll attend, but as much for those who you may need to turn away - if everyone understands there's a chance of it, and provision is made for easy turnaround of traffic, it running away quite like it seems to be still needn't be a problem.

I'll keep in touch with what's going on at ScoobyNet and update the relevant points ASAP (again though, heads-up of anything significant changing is always gratefully received :beerchug:)

R

most of my regulars are confirmed, we have convoys running from chester/lymm/burtonwood/stockport

I guess if that one's still there today, that's the one confirmed (and hopefully large enough).

First post in list thread updated.

Cheers Dave.

R

What time does it go on till? I dont finish till 4 but want to come n show my support for the lad, I thought in the original post it said 6pm start, obviousley this has changed due to the sheer volume of cars and organising that will be needed.

These things hit home allot when you have your own kid, so sad, but happens everyday unfortunately, cant imagine how anyone feels seeing/losing there kid in this manner.

seriously contemplating the near 500 mile round trip

I'm going. 300 mile round trip for me, but who am I to moan about that when there's a little chap with 4 weeks to live!

Should be a great day for the little lad. Im hoping to be able to make this if i can start my night shift a bit earlier fri so wont put my name on the list yet. Anyone traveling from the merseyside area?