1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discovered a buckled alloy wheel

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by MrLapou, Apr 16, 2012.

1. MrLapou

MrLapou Well-Known Member

Since buying the car few weeks back, had it on the Motorway at the weekend.
    Felt a slight steering wheel shake around 70mph, otherwise it's silky smooth.
    Decided to take into local tyre shop. Chap called me over to show the wheel spinning on machine and the buckling it has..
    Said it's quite common occurrence these days to see inner edges of near side fronts to suffer this.
    In two minds to have this seven double spoke 18"er fixed, replaced with new/used or leave it, but swap to rear.

Your comments suggestions welcome.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. andy1acars

andy1acars Member

Some can be repaired, better if put on rear, try www.alloywheelsdirect.net pricey but good service and genuine, i bought an original AMG rim off them with a rare offset. Or buy another of ebay and make sure it has Audi logo and Ronal stamped in rear of rim.

4. amar06fbr

amar06fbr Vorsprung Durch Technik

if you do alot of motorway millage then replace the wheel, if your doin local driving then you can get it sorted and stick it on the rear.

5. audigex

audigex Active Member

If it's just a comfort issue, I'd go with amar06fbr. If there's any question of safety, replace it. Your wheels are the only thing keeping you on the road, and are not to be trifled with.

6. MrLapou

MrLapou Well-Known Member

All sorted... bought a used wheel with 6mm Potenza tyre for £115.