Disconected n75 valve

matt blowen

Reaction score
Hi i have disconected my n75 valve just to see if there was much differance in boost! I didnt notice any change would this mean theres something wrong with actuator or n75? No faults found on vcds. When engine is cold and i tap the throttle the revs sit just under 2000rpm could this be linked in anyway? Cheers

Assuming you have electrically disconnected the N75 then there will be at least one fault code (N75 open circuit)

Do you have a boost gauge? if so, what boost are you seeing? what model/year of car is it?

What makes you think you have a problem that you need to disconnect the N75 in the first place?

<tuffty/>

Yes i just unplugged the n75, havent fitted a boost gauge yet, its v reg 1.8t seems ro rub crap when cold, idleing up n down and seems slow

Scanned for faults after unplugging N75?
tried unplugging the MAF?

N75 disconnected on a stock 150bhp car won't really make any noticeable difference. Stock boost is barely above actuator pressure.

when I disconnect the maf it runs smoother, I had the n75 fault code because I had unplugged it, plugged it back in then cleared all codes. should I try and clean the maf to impove my poor idle?

when I disconnect the maf it runs smoother, I had the n75 fault code because I had unplugged it, plugged it back in then cleared all codes. should I try and clean the maf to impove my poor idle?

Give the MAF a clean but be prepared to replace it, need doing from time to time to get the best from the car.