1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Disconected n75 valve

matt blowen Jul 29, 2013

1. matt blowen

matt blowen Member

Hi i have disconected my n75 valve just to see if there was much differance in boost! I didnt notice any change would this mean theres something wrong with actuator or n75? No faults found on vcds. When engine is cold and i tap the throttle the revs sit just under 2000rpm could this be linked in anyway? Cheers

2. <tuffty/>

<tuffty/> Badger 5 Edition...Its all about the flow... Staff Member Moderator Audi S3

Assuming you have electrically disconnected the N75 then there will be at least one fault code (N75 open circuit)

Do you have a boost gauge? if so, what boost are you seeing? what model/year of car is it?

What makes you think you have a problem that you need to disconnect the N75 in the first place?

<tuffty/>

3. matt blowen

matt blowen Member

Yes i just unplugged the n75, havent fitted a boost gauge yet, its v reg 1.8t seems ro rub **** when cold, idleing up n down and seems slow

4. Scullies

Scullies Well-Known Member

Scanned for faults after unplugging N75?
    tried unplugging the MAF?

5. Prawn

Prawn My other car is a MINI!!!!

N75 disconnected on a stock 150bhp car won't really make any noticeable difference. Stock boost is barely above actuator pressure.

6. matt blowen

matt blowen Member

when I disconnect the maf it runs smoother, I had the n75 fault code because I had unplugged it, plugged it back in then cleared all codes. should I try and clean the maf to impove my poor idle?

7. Vex182

Vex182 Guess what I drive...

Give the MAF a clean but be prepared to replace it, need doing from time to time to get the best from the car.

8. matt blowen

matt blowen Member

ok ill give a clean is there anything else i should clean while im at like the tb?