Disassemble front dash?

stimpson

Reaction score
Anyone have instructions (or better still a diagram) of how to disassemble the front dash in the A3? Specifically, I'd like to get in from the passenger footwell behind the central console... I dropped a screw in there while fiddling with the car stereo head unit, and now there's a slight rattle /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif duh!

should be screws at the bottom of the glove box... unscrew this.. then you should be able to get to everything from that..

any further with ripping out the dash and your getting into a big job...

To remove glovebox there are two screws in the end ( remove plastic cover ) three inside glovebox ( one at back, two upper front edge ) and two screws in footwell itself. Once glovebox is removed you can see and get access to behind stereo / air con etc.

20 min job to remove and replace /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

mercy buckets Japper and richy, i'll give that a go this evening

[ QUOTE ]
To remove glovebox there are two screws in the end ( remove plastic cover ) three inside glovebox ( one at back, two upper front edge ) and two screws in footwell itself. Once glovebox is removed you can see and get access to behind stereo / air con etc.

20 min job to remove and replace

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Japper, this is for the removal of the entire dash, from door to door? Thanks In Advance (TIA /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif)

Hey Japper,

Did the job this morning, and your instructions were close enough.

On my A3 there was one bolt behind the plastic cover at the door side of the dash, two underneath the glovebox at the bottom, three inside in the glovebox door along the upper lip, and one at the back of the glovebox just under the little light.

Once they were removed, I just unplugged the light and the whole glovebox was out of my way and I could find that errant screw.

Cheers! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Hey, what's a screw between friends /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Glad to hear you got it sorted /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

[

[/ QUOTE ] Hey Japper, this is for the removal of the entire dash, from door to door? Thanks In Advance (TIA /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif)

[/ QUOTE ]

No this is only for the glovebox. Interior trim removal door to door would be a pretty lengthy job.