1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

disabling immobiliser

ajmackie Jun 1, 2005

1. ajmackie

ajmackie Member

is there anyone out there who could tell me how you actually bypass the immobiliser?
    i seem to remember yaseen or fallmonk doing so but not saying how!

any help most appreciated!!!

2. GregC

GregC Member

I think they took the transponder out of a working key and pretty much taped it to the lock barrel so that the electronics always "saw" the transponder when a key was inserted.

Greg

3. imported_Yaseen

imported_Yaseen Guest

pm`d you aj

simple stuff but (albeit unlikely) don`t want any potential thieves knowing as not many owners prudent like me with aftermarket alarms!

4. ajmackie

ajmackie Member

cool! i had fixed it by holding the wires in compression with tape, but I think the hot weather has heated the electrical tape up and released it. will try duck tape!

5. imported_Yaseen

imported_Yaseen Guest

[ QUOTE ]
    I think they took the transponder out of a working key and pretty much taped it to the lock barrel so that the electronics always "saw" the transponder when a key was inserted.

Greg

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup- aftermarket installers do that alarms like mine with remote start but the other one is if your immob stops working.

Aj- suprised eletrical tape came off. maybe replace the wire with one longer or if possible cover it with a glue gun depending if practical