1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

disabling immobiliser

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by ajmackie, Jun 1, 2005.

1. ajmackie

ajmackie Member

is there anyone out there who could tell me how you actually bypass the immobiliser?
    i seem to remember yaseen or fallmonk doing so but not saying how!

any help most appreciated!!!

2. Advert Guest Advertisement

3. GregC

GregC Member

I think they took the transponder out of a working key and pretty much taped it to the lock barrel so that the electronics always "saw" the transponder when a key was inserted.

Greg

4. pm`d you aj

simple stuff but (albeit unlikely) don`t want any potential thieves knowing as not many owners prudent like me with aftermarket alarms!

5. ajmackie

ajmackie Member

cool! i had fixed it by holding the wires in compression with tape, but I think the hot weather has heated the electrical tape up and released it. will try duck tape!

6. [ QUOTE ]
    I think they took the transponder out of a working key and pretty much taped it to the lock barrel so that the electronics always "saw" the transponder when a key was inserted.

Greg

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup- aftermarket installers do that alarms like mine with remote start but the other one is if your immob stops working.

Aj- suprised eletrical tape came off. maybe replace the wire with one longer or if possible cover it with a glue gun depending if practical