1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Disabling A3 climate control seat heating

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by blackcruiser, Aug 26, 2011.

1. blackcruiser

blackcruiser A3 Sportsback 2006

Hi, I have recently bought a climate control that has the seat heating functions.

However, I am in asia and I do not have seat heating functions and when the CC is installed, it throw a few codes on the seat heating functions and I am unable to find any way in the VAG COM to disable them.

Due to the error codes, I am unable to do a basic settings and I was told by the workshops the CC will not be able to perform basic settings as there are existing error codes.

Could someone help me on this?

TIA
  2. blackcruiser

Anyone have experience on this issue?

Kindly assist.

Thanks
  3. audicruiser

audicruiser Audi Heaven

Probably not... Why did you get a unit with heated seats if you haven't got them?? I may be wrong but you will probably have to get the correct unit without heated sear controls....
  4. Cruiser89

Cruiser89 Advanced In Car Tech Site Sponsor

Yeas you need to get the correct unit. I have one lying about if you want it?
  5. NHN

NHN Modmetractor

TBH the seat heating shouldnt affect the CC functions, there's a setting in 09 for seat heating, but this usually doesnt do anything tbh, but check to see if the box is ticked for your car, if so try unticking, but if you quickly clear the faults in CC then try the basic setting 001, it should work, if not then only 2 solutions, 1st get a non heated seat version or 2nd, fit seat heating/simulate connection of seat heating.
  6. blackcruiser

Thank to all who replied. Will try what Nigel suggest.