Disabling A3 climate control seat heating

blackcruiser

A3 Sportsback 2006
Reaction score
Hi, I have recently bought a climate control that has the seat heating functions.

However, I am in **** and I do not have seat heating functions and when the CC is installed, it throw a few codes on the seat heating functions and I am unable to find any way in the VAG COM to disable them.

Due to the error codes, I am unable to do a basic settings and I was told by the workshops the CC will not be able to perform basic settings as there are existing error codes.

Could someone help me on this?

TIA

Probably not... Why did you get a unit with heated seats if you haven't got them?? I may be wrong but you will probably have to get the correct unit without heated sear controls....

TBH the seat heating shouldnt affect the CC functions, there's a setting in 09 for seat heating, but this usually doesnt do anything tbh, but check to see if the box is ticked for your car, if so try unticking, but if you quickly clear the faults in CC then try the basic setting 001, it should work, if not then only 2 solutions, 1st get a non heated seat version or 2nd, fit seat heating/simulate connection of seat heating.