Disable Fog Light With Coming Home/leaving Home Fuction

dpaz

Reaction score
This one isn't in the list of VCDS tweaks for the B8 and I couldn't find it anywhere when I googled so thought I'd post it up.

If you don't like your fog lights being on with the Coming Home/Leaving Home function (if they are yellow or just look out of place) then they can be disabled using VCDS.

Control Module: [09 – Cent. Elect.]
Function: [Coding - 07] Select "Long Coding Helper"
Byte 6
Bit 5 -> Un-tick

CHLH Fog Disable

Reactions: All-rod
Buy some bulbs from Trups if you dont like yellowish foglamps ;)

If you are parking parallel to a main road and you want to disable the coming home lights to avoid dazzling other road users, turn your headlight switch to off as you park the car. Coming home lights work on auto position, but not off.

Reactions: All-rod
I have replaced my fog light bulbs with the ones from Trups, and I have to say I like this feature with the fog light bulbs. Very useful at night on my drive if the outside lights are not or do not come on.

Good find tho for those who want to do this, I have not seen it anywhere else.

What would come on then, just the DRLs?
Yes, just DRLs.

Buy some bulbs from Trups if you dont like yellowish foglamps ;)

If you are parking parallel to a main road and you want to disable the coming home lights to avoid dazzling other road users, turn your headlight switch to off as you park the car. Coming home lights work on auto position, but not off.
I have replaced my fog bulbs with Hoen XenonMatch H11 bulbs which are a perfect match to the DRLs. I tried Trups' bulbs and found they were very blue compared to the DRLs.

I have still disabled the fogs using VCDS above as I think they look out of place.

Main reason for posting is I couldn't find the info anywhere. Audizine also has a long thread about it and they never worked out how to do it so Audi-Sport 1 - 0 Audizine.

it can be diabled without vcds in the mmi screen.

only have the option to turn the whole feature on and off.Sorry about that.........i misread

Bringing back a thread from the dead lol
Anyone know if its possible to customize the coming/leaving home lights? for example disable foglights and in their place enable low beam lights instead?

Bringing back a thread from the dead lol
Anyone know if its possible to customize the coming/leaving home lights? for example disable foglights and in their place enable low beam lights instead?
This can be done in Carista - I changed mine to funnilly enough do what the OP wanted to turn off.

Reactions: Omy193
Yep, changed mine via Carista

Reactions: Omy193
This can be done in Carista - I changed mine to funnilly enough do what the OP wanted to turn off.
Sorry for reviving this post again but in my 8v when I select low beams only for the CH lights, it turns on the low beams, but keeps the fog lights too.