1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Disable auto rear wiper on reverse? (VCDS)

ChrisTTian_SWE Nov 21, 2013

1. ChrisTTian_SWE

ChrisTTian_SWE New Member

Hi.

My father recently bought a new A3 8V 2.0 TDi Quattro.
    He instantly fell in love with the car but there is one thing he doesnt like.

Is it possible with VCDS to change so the rear wiper does NOT (auto) start when you select reverse, while the wiper stalk is on?

Thanks in advance.
    \ChrisTTian

2. cemerson

cemerson Well-Known Member Team Cosmos quattro Audi A3 S-line owners group TDi DSG

Does he really spend that much time in reverse that it's so annoying?!

It probably is possible, but I've never seen it mentioned on the VCDS websites or on here I don't think

3. cuke2u

cuke2u Well-Known Member TFSI Owners Group Audi A4 S-line owners group saloon

Just as easy to turn off the front wipers whilst reversing, then turn them back on again. That's what I do, hardly takes any time...

4. hades-

hades- Well-Known Member VCDS Map User

yes you can do it with vcds

5. Daveotto

Daveotto Well-Known Member Gold Supporter Team Sepang Audi S3

When I first noticed this on my 8P i thought it was a fault at first.

As it only does a single sweep I hardly even notice it now........the trick is to put the car in reverse gear before looking in the rear view mirrow or turning your head, in this way you will not see the single sweep

mj13 likes this.
  6. Itguy

Itguy Well-Known Member

We have had this disabled on our Golf Mk5 GTI - our dog goes berserk if the rear wiper goes on!

7. arad85

arad85 Active Member Team V6 Audi S5 Black Edition

Does it go once when the stork is in auto wipe mode whether it is wet or dry or does it only go when the front wipers are actually active?

8. cuke2u

cuke2u Well-Known Member TFSI Owners Group Audi A4 S-line owners group saloon

9. cemerson

cemerson Well-Known Member Team Cosmos quattro Audi A3 S-line owners group TDi DSG

I believe only if the front ones have been going. In fact I'm almost 100% certain of this, I'm sure I'd have noticed it going every time I reverse otherwise - my wiper stalk is permanently in auto.

arad85 likes this.
  10. ChrisTTian_SWE

ChrisTTian_SWE New Member

Anyone know were to make the change in VCDS, tried looking under "09-Central Electronic" but found nothing...

11. MadsE

MadsE New Member

Did anyone manage to turn of the auto-wiping feature? It is killing me. Understand that you can avoid having it on auto but it will still wipe if you recently used the front wipers.

I have access to vcds this weekend so would be awesome if any have some info regarding how and where.

12. DJAlix

DJAlix VAG Car Coding Site Sponsor Team Ibis VAG Can Professional VCDS Map User Gold Supporter quattro ODIS (Offboard Diagnostic System)

Untested:
    • Automatic Rear Wiper disable = IDE02711-ENG116690-Rear Window Wiper-Automatisches Heckwischen = not active
    Could also try
    • Comfort Wiping Rear = IDE02711-ENG114946-Rear Window Wiper-Komfortwischen Heck = ?

13. MadsE

MadsE New Member

14. S3GCN

S3GCN Member Team Glacier Audi S3 DSG

This has to be one of main issues with my S3, it really pecks my head when the rear wiper goes automatically. Mine makes a huge noise (perhaps a new blade is required) but also the wiped look annoys me with the smeared clean arc on the rear window. I never use the rear wiper, so the fact that the car thinks it knows better than me provides much frustration!

MadsE and SamR92 like this.
  15. simonali

simonali Well-Known Member Team Floret Silver DSG

For the noise, bin the OEM and get a Bosch blade. This used to annoy me when the Audi one was fitted and juddered back and forth, but it's only a minor irritation now it's quiet. Not enough of one to code it out, in other words!

That reminds me, must do the front ones this week...

16. simonali

simonali Well-Known Member Team Floret Silver DSG

Weirdly, mine has stopped working. I've reversed out of numerous parking spaces this week when it has been raining and the wiper stalk is in auto and nuffink. The first time I noticed it the CC had thrown a hissy and had set itself to LO, so I dunno if they're somehow connected...??

17. Sam Millar

Sam Millar Daytona S3 Saloon Team Daytona S3 Saloon s tronic saloon DSG

He should've bought a Saloon and he wouldn't have that issue.

cuke2u likes this.
  18. MadsE

MadsE New Member

I can confirm that it worked. Now I am so happy. Thanks a lot

DJAlix likes this.