1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DIS READINGS

johnmandy Feb 29, 2012

1. johnmandy

johnmandy Member

Had a look around the site, but couldn,t really find what i was looking for.

My mate as a beautiful deep red audi a4 170 bhp..... year 2007, anyway on his Dis, it gives him readings of his current fuel range, eg 350 miles left in the tank.
    Anyway to the point, i'm sure when i had his system in a previous audi i owned.... i was able to change what was readable in the DIS, miles per gallon, time driven etc etc..... now he reckons his DIS cannot be changed from showing fuel tank capacity.... i think he's wrong, so please put me right.
    He doesn,t have satnav in the car, it looks like the all red led ( i think) display, but does have MF steering wheel, he just as the ordinary concert radio, but is about to fit an off the shelf satnav to the vehicle.... obviously suitable for the audi a4.
    If you can help... Many thanks.

2. lewie

lewie Member

press the button on the end of the right hand stalk

3. hades-

hades- Well-Known Member VCDS Map User

as above he may or may not have it fitted DIS

4. scotty76

scotty76 Well-Known Member Team Phantom Audi S4

My S Line only has the range thing. From what I have read the SE got the multi function DIS but the S Line did not hence the high number of people who retro fit it.

5. scotty76

Oh and I do have the multi function steering wheel.

6. Playsatan

Playsatan New Member

As above the rocker switch will let you cycle through the options. You can add or remove categories if you go through the help function.

7. Paul B7

Paul B7 Active Member

I have an 05 SE and the DIS is Multi functional so the above quote may very well be totally correct.

8. ben.w93

ben.w93 Member

Have you had a play with VCDS? It has to be coded as being fitted with Board Computer on the steering wheel channel, mine stopped working when I was changing the coding on my steering controller when I was coding my retrofit cruise control. If not, have a play with the button on the underside of the wiper stalk and on the end of it.

9. hades-

he doesnt know if its fitted or not
    so there wont be a button on the underside or the end

10. johnmandy

johnmandy Member

Thanks all, it seems your all correct, he as the s-line.... so its only showing fuel range, no extra button on wiper stalk.

11. Jeeves

Jeeves quattronly

My S-line SE 170 from 2007 has a colour DIS with range, MPG, drive time etc. but i can't remember whether the S-line SEs had colour DIS as part of the pack. Maybe all the colour ones have the full suite of readings, whereas the red display only shows range?

12. hades-

dis colour etc etc were all extras from new
    the sline i have now had mfsw glovebox cd changer from factort but no dis the tight ****s

13. scotty76

Know what you mean Bez. My 2003 Leon had twin computers with all the settings but my "posh" Audi doesn't. Tight gits! :)

14. Wrath

Wrath Well-Known Member

My 2005 S-Line has DIS, it wasn't retrofitted and didn't come with sat nav, cruise of MFSW.

15. kite

kite Member VCDS Map User

Option box ticked when ordrred