1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DIS question

JoeD May 9, 2011

1. JoeD

JoeD Member

Mine has lost quite a few pixels and needs replacing. My question is assuming the unit costs £££ from Audi new, if I came across an A3 in a scrappy, would I be able to plug and play a fully working unit from an A3 into my S3?:unsure:

2. kite

kite Member VCDS Map User

Send it away for repair.
    BBa Reman or Cluster repairs..
    The immobilisor is built into the dashpod, so swopping with 1 from a scrappy causes all sorts of problems..

3. ScottD3

ScottD3 I want your faulty electronics Supporter Team V6 quattro Audi A8 Audi S8 saloon Team Akoya TDi

I sent my unit away to Cluster Repairs and recommened.

I paid about £140 for the complete repair, config, software update and 5 years warranty.

4. wayne1.8t

wayne1.8t Member

If u get a second hand one it will need programming to your car..
    I sent mine away to be fixed and got told the part that's broke is not replacable and wanted £240 without it being programmed.. Luckily enough I asked for it back and put it back in my car and it works fine now and has done for a year::bonus

5. Lemon S3

Lemon S3 Alex

You can buy replacement lcd screens on ebay and if you're comfortable with a soldering iron then it will be far cheaper than sending it off.

6. Ash B

Ash B Well-Known Member

Buy that one on Edition i told you about he selling a few bits and willing to split :happy: