DIS or lack of it...

clifton asada

Reaction score
Hi guys

Been lurking for a while after getting my hands on a 2003 1.9TDI Avant Quattro Sport and have so far been very impressed with the car, the forum and I have already taken advantage of the wealth of info available from you guys but I need some help.

For some reason I cannot get the DIS working. When I got the car it had 'Miles To Empty' only with a standard wash/wipe stalk. I have purchased and fitted the correct DIS stalk and had the coding changed by a friend using VCDS but still have no DIS.

The toggle switch does nothing and the reset button just turns the display on or off. All other wash/wipe functions operate as normal.

Any ideas? I am hoping it is an easy fix and that I haven't blown a load of cash on a stalk that will end up being useless :(

Hope you can help!
Cheers
Jeff

Sounds like the coding was not done properly and finished either.

Need to change the steering wheel module coding and the instrument cluster coding.......then also ground pin 1 on the back of the cluster (blue plug) or connect it to a washer level sensor that would need to be fitted seperator to the tank to get DIS to work.

Ah... Cheers Mike.

Will the DIS work with the correct coding and the pin un-grounded or does it all have to be done as you say?
i.e if you don't account for the washer level sensor will the DIS work but with an error light on the dash?

I'll double check what was coded and go from there :thumbs up:

Sounds to me like it hasn't been coded properly. All A4 steering modules accept full DIS. So just fit the DIS stalk and code as said above

It has to be all done as stated

If you do not ground or connect pin 1 to the washer level sensor the dash will continuously flash a yellow warning on the DIS and make pinging noises saying it is empty.