1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DIS / mileage left in tank question

S3_MCD Apr 16, 2007

1. S3_MCD

S3_MCD Member

can it be reset?

broke down this evening, 20 miles left intanks according to DIS.... imagine how pleased and embarrased I was when AA put petrol in it and it worked!

cheers, feeling bumb and blond.

:)

Thought I read it somewhere, couldnt find it in a search

2. Tooks

Tooks Active Member

I'm pretty sure it can't be reset, unfortunately.

Had you changed your driving style just before you ran out?

Reason I mention it is because the DIS calculates how far you've got left based on how much fuel you've used driving the last 20 miles or so. So, it's only ever a guide as to how far you'll probably get driving how you have been, if that makes any sense?!

Mine seems no more accurate, although probably the other way, as a few times I've been showing 0 miles to go and haven't stopped! I've only ever managed to get about 58 litres in the tank too, which means there's still a few litres left in there somewhere. That's good though!

I suppose in future you'll know that 30 miles to go means fill up now!

3. Aky

Aky Aky

gutted!! I left mine to 5 miles the other night - won't be doing that again

4. S3_MCD

S3_MCD Member

normally its been spot on, maybe it just a wierd blip?!

5. jojo

jojo Looking for Boost! Staff Member Moderator Team Daytona Audi S3 quattro Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group

They have been known to be fault or inaccurate in the past, do you guys just like driving with the fuel light on?