1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DIS (in)accuracy

Discussion in 'General Technical / How To' started by , Jul 16, 2003.

1. imported_Macduff

imported_Macduff Guest

[Oct 25, 2004]
    How close to reality is the DIS average MPG? We've had our PD130 for a couple of months and we're getting about 41MPG. I guess this will improve with time but the DIS is showing around 44MPG. Is this normal or do people find that it's reasonably accurate? Given that it's a £300 option I'd expect it to be spot on.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif
    Dave
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 20, 2014]

3. jojo

jojo S3 Drift King! Staff Member Moderator

[Oct 26, 2004]
    I'd say it's about 10% off in most cases when it comes to fuel consumption.
  4. ajmackie

ajmackie Member

[Oct 26, 2004]
    has anyone noticed how the 10% always promotes economy!
  5. Offline

[Jul 16, 2003]
    General Zod from Superman 2. I chos ethe name Zod for anonymity the first time I signed up on an internet forum, because I liked the sound of it, not because I am a particular fan of the film.

I need to get around to choosing a different avatar.
  6. audi5e

audi5e Member

[Oct 26, 2004]
    [ QUOTE ]
    ajmackie said:
    has anyone noticed how the 10% always promotes economy!

[/ QUOTE ]

well it certainly isn't going to promote my maniac driving style... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif
  7. JSWD32

JSWD32 Member

[Nov 14, 2004]
    The thing i think is really silly is the instantaneous MPG reader that can jump from 200mpg too 35mpg, I mean what is the point of it, its no use. I just use the other MPG reading as that gives an average. Was told by someone that the reason for it jumping back and forth is because when your foot is off the accelerator there is no diesel going into the engine, that sounds a bit far fetched to me.. there must be something to keep the engine going!

regards

Jonathon
  8. ajmackie

ajmackie Member

[Nov 14, 2004]
    there is obviously some fuel going to on idle! It is probably down to the formula it uses to calculate the instantaneous mpg.
  9. jojo

jojo S3 Drift King! Staff Member Moderator

[Nov 14, 2004]
    [ QUOTE ]
    JSWD32 said:
    The thing i think is really silly is the instantaneous MPG reader that can jump from 200mpg too 35mpg, I mean what is the point of it, its no use. I just use the other MPG reading as that gives an average. Was told by someone that the reason for it jumping back and forth is because when your foot is off the accelerator there is no diesel going into the engine, that sounds a bit far fetched to me.. there must be something to keep the engine going!

regards

Jonathon

[/ QUOTE ]

It's true, when the car is in gear and coasting (no throttle), the fuel pump switches off, so the car is actually more economical when constantly in gear, including slowing down?!
  10. wigginer

wigginer Member

[Nov 14, 2004]
    Mine runs about 5% high on average.

For the accuracy freaks out there. You can get it adjusted during service ... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/froggie_red.gif