1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DIS - how does it work

steve bain Jan 6, 2011

1. steve bain

steve bain Member

I guess this has been asked before but cannot find any info on it. I have a DIS but have no clue what it does or how to use it. So far it has beeped at me and flashed a 30mph limit and 1 at me. I guess it is warning of going over 30? what else can/doe it do? any good links? T-reg 1.8T A3. Cheers, Steve

2. gavin89

gavin89 Wana go Low gotta go Slow

RTM.

You can set a speed limit, and the instrument cluster will give a warning when your over. It displays various trip info, temp, radio etc. Just play around with it and see for yourself.

3. dany2k

dany2k Member

its a peciliar beast is that DIS. it seems to have some kind of average speed thing, a real time mpg calculator, a journey calculator etc. im not sure what this bleeping business is: mine's a 2000 model so it should have a similiar/identical DIS. danny

4. mike foster

mike foster Fossie VCDS Map User

The manual tells you all about it. If you haven't got one then go to Audi and ask them to show you.

5. DaveA3

DaveA3 Audi A-Trizzle!

mine has a 2 hour driving alarm set. dunno how to turn it off lol

it beeps like 4 times after driving for 2 hours. pretty clever tho. simple things eh

6. dany2k

dany2k Member

id exchange my DIS for simple cruise contrl anyday

7. steve bain

steve bain Member