DIS Fuel Consumption Correction?

Artimus

Shortback
Reaction score
I'm almost sure I read a guide on how to calibrate the DIS fuel consumption figures with VCDS to be more accurate than factory settings! I've searched, but can't seem to find it.

Can anyone link me to the article, or better yet, post a quick guide.

Thanks.

I have done this a couple of times and had no trouble, and thus can't remember!!

I'm sure if you hover over the setting, a bubble comes up with the 'formula' to calculate which way to go.
I also think Ross-Techs site has it somewhere.

Ok, just to expand on the above:-

For the A4 B5, go to 17 Instruments, 10 Adaption, Channel 03.
Hover over the value (factory is 100%) and the bubble explains how to calculate the required new value. (I've come in now and forgotten already!!)
You can adjust it 85% to 115% of the factory value.

Reactions: Artimus
Thanks Paul,

so just to make sure I understand the way this works: upping the percentage will up the max range, for instance, or lower it? :think:

I keep forgetting - that's how I knew about the pop-up!

I've just gone out and checked, and the new value is the old value (probably 100 if not changed before) multiplied by the DIS MPG, divided by the calculated MPG

I'll have a play when I get time this weekend.

Thanks again for taking the time to check it out - above and beyond the call of duty. :salute:

Upping the percentage lowers the MPG,
on the cars i have calibrated 1MPG = 2%, so if the DIS was reading 5MPG over the actual figure, raise the 100% (OE setting) to 110%.

HTH

Upping the percentage lowers the MPG,
on the cars i have calibrated 1MPG = 2%, so if the DIS was reading 5MPG over the actual figure, raise the 100% (OE setting) to 110%.

HTH
Thanks Gizmo, That helps a lot. :thumbsup: