DIS display colour

Geoff_UK

Reaction score
Hi,

First post after lurking for a while. Ordered a 2.0 TDi 140 Sport (sportback) in July and I'm expecting delivery next week sometime (fingers crossed). Dealer confirmed build date of w/c 21 November - since then the status has been "awaiting shipping" and today I was told it's going on a ship tomorrow.

Can anyone confirm what colour the DIS is?? I've seen photo's and video showing some cars with a white DIS and some with red?? I drove a couple of A3's before making my mind up, but I can't remember the DIS colour.

Cheers

White, the early ones about pre 09 where red.

yeah as paddy said your will be white the earlier ones were red like mine is :( , i do love the white dis and dials just looks so much better

The new white one is also higher resolution than the old red one.

Whites good but on the A4, A5 etc they are coloured which is much much better! I wont be surprised if the new A3 will have colour

yeah as paddy said your will be white the earlier ones were red like mine is :( , i do love the white dis and dials just looks so much better
i feel you man i hated mine plus some of the pixlies where dead

cheers guys - I like the look of the white DIS. Come to think of it, the only 140 Sport the local dealer had for a test drive was a 35,000 mile 08, I guess that's where the confusion arose.

Next thing I think I will need to do is research the threads on DRL's as I suspect it will have horrid yellow halogen DRL's and not nice bright white LED ones.

My new A3 has white text on the DIS. As for the yellowish DRL's depends on what spec you ordered. If you ordered the xenon plus or adaptive xenon plus headlights then you will have the crystal white "frowning" LED DRL's, these only come standard on the S-Line Black Edition cars.

Here's hoping you won't be disappointed...

Shame having changed the DIS to white they didnt change the heater control readout to match.

It's a lease car through Arval so it's bog standard except bluetooth.

I don't mind a few quid for some nicer looking DRL bulbs, but that's as far as I'll go - lol

I don't think they forgot about the heater controls - it was deliberate. The instrument binnacle is now all white whereas the centre console stuff is all red, including the "mood lighting" that comes with the interior lighting pack.

I don't think they forgot about the heater controls - it was deliberate. The instrument binnacle is now all white whereas the centre console stuff is all red, including the "mood lighting" that comes with the interior lighting pack.

How easy/hard is it to retrofit the newer white DIS and dials into the older type?

I agree, the stereo is red so I think making the heater controls white would look a bit off.

I'm sure, if you really wanted to, you could buy some White SMD's to solder onto the circuit board of the heater controls to change the colour.

Dealer rang this morning - car is on a ship on its way !!

No idea how long it takes ??

Dealer stated "you'll be driving your car next week" - fingers, toes, everything crossed !!!!

I agree, the stereo is red so I think making the heater controls white would look a bit off.

I'm sure, if you really wanted to, you could buy some White SMD's to solder onto the circuit board of the heater controls to change the colour.
I changed some & think it looks better. Amar has changed all of them in his car including the rns-e, he's braver n more skilled with solder iron than me!

I changed some & think it looks better. Amar has changed all of them in his car including the rns-e, he's braver n more skilled with solder iron than me!

I wouldn't mind doing it. I've done it before in my old Fiat Punto when I stuck in some chavvy blue SMD's, haha.

I would do the Climate Unit but don't think I'd have the balls to pull the RNS-E apart! Which ones did you change, just the Climate ones?