Dirty filthy A3 does the Alps.....

thewizkid

Reaction score
I found her to be economical, over a roughly 2000 miles cruising at 90mph she averaged 44 mpg. She managed to keep up fully laden with much more expensive bits of kit, a nice compromise between performance and economy, although she does sound like a bit of a bitch first thing in the morning(know whar I mean). Final comment regarding this A3, is that I must admit there is no replacement for petrol engines, not just yet any way.

Enjoy, for soon she shall be gone.
100_0540.jpg

100_0541.jpg

100_0542.jpg

100_0537.jpg

......and back to one of these!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif
100_0388.jpg

Good to see youve got a Quattro, going in Feb you'll need it.

Taken on the run from Val D'Isere to Tignes, we were staying at Val Cloret. Beautiful sceneary!

What about the 2005 new shape A3? After 2 and a 1/2 mins on paintshop look what I came up with.......

Picasso would be proud....

b8da5043.jpg

603b2181.jpg

a8b79cd0.jpg

It certainly appears more butch/ aggresive.

nice pics! Driving to Meribel on 27th Dec for a week and was wondering if you have any knowledge of snow chains? I know the roads are normally kept clear (coaches get there after all) but I have heard that I need to carry snow chains all the time. If this is true, can anyone recommend some that don't knacker alloys?

Yes generally I think the rules require you to either carry snow-chains or fit winter-tyres between something like November and March.