1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dirty Dubber

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by S4twiggy, Jun 12, 2011.

1. S4twiggy

S4twiggy Fully Certified Detailer!!

We had a mk5 GTI booked in for the full monty including full longlife service, new brakes all round
    wheel refurb, interior clean up and a full paint correction.

when i was handed the car i set out finding why the car felt down on power so me and the main man Rhys
    went and dome some scans and logs on the car. a faulty MAF seemed to be letting the performance down so
    it was replaced from VW.

as the owner wanted refurb i got the wheels off to do the brakes and inspected the rims to find 1 had a
    big buckle and a crack in the alloy and the other one which had a buckle. the refurb could not take place now
    so new wheels were ordered with new tyres for the fronts as the car had 3 deifferent types of tyre on
    ranging from 225/35/18 upto 255/45/18 which certain.ly wasnt helping the ride on the golf.
    225/40/18 were ordered so the car now has correct tyres all round and some new fresh rims aswel.

the car needs to be logged again as it still doesnt seem quick enough but im biased as i drive my S4
    with enough torque to nearly double that of a mk5 GTI. Rhys will do logging again to see if we can find
    where the power has gone.

once the car was fully serviced, new rims, new tyres, new MAF and brakes it was time to start on the paint
    correction.

products used:

G101
    Snow foam combi
    A/S tardis
    Wolfs deironiser
    Zaino Z18 clay
    Zymol shampoo
    Menz FG/S500
    Menz 3.02
    Menz 85RD
    L/C yellow cutting pad
    L/C black 2 tone finnese pad
    Poorboys black hole
    CG Blacklight sealant
    Megs tyre gel
    AG VBC

first we had to inspect the car, the car has seen damage to drivers side via an accident so we needed to take care
    around the area when usuing the machines.
    car was APC'd all round prior to washing to remove traffic film etc then pressure washed off
    the car was then treated to the snow foam combi which acts like a TFR. all gaps, door shuts, petrol caps, grill gaps
    were agitated with a detailing brush. then proceeded to pressure wash off the snowfoam and then wash the car with the usual
    2 B/M and zymol shampoo.

we then used tardis on the lower half of the car to minimise damage to the clay. wiped off with a terry cloth to remove
    most contaminants before the claying session.

car was fully de-contamintaed and washed again then dried off and pulled inside for inspection.
    masking was done of all areas and gaps and the lights went on to see what were were dealing with. ill lert the pics do the
    talking from here.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. StateOfPlay

StateOfPlay Active Member

Nice job, must be very rewarding to see the difference a bit of hard graft and good products can make to a car.

Interior looked like one big ashtray!
  3. Cabbyfan

Cabbyfan Member

Been following this car detail since your first posts, I just realised it was an 05 plate car, first impressions was it was an old old Gti ! WOW what a transformation ! I would love to know how you got the scratches out pictures 2 and 4 down right hand column), I have similar on my near side due to branches and country lanes !

Stunning job, looks like a new car.
  4. S4twiggy

unfortuntaely mate deep scratches like that cannot come out without seeing paint. the scratch was reduced around it but something that deep(down to primer) needs painting.
  5. FranA3

FranA3 events moderator

what a trasformation there boyo's well done indeed i bet you were glad to get that thing out of your garage did you give the owner a slap from me grant lmfao
  6. S4twiggy

7. FranA3

FranA3 events moderator

bang tidy grant awesome vid matey one word scratches lol i bet you had fun gettting some of those out by the door handle , was it a chicks car by any chance ??
  8. Cabbyfan

Cabbyfan Member

Amazes me how people can do so much damage to a car.....
  9. S4twiggy

no fran it was a guys car. women are cleaner than that lol

all paint was defect free apart from the drivers side accident damage and the few deep scratches that were not able to come out
  10. Syvo

Syvo IF IN DOUBT GO FLAT OUT

great job its like night and day the difference from when it came in to going out
  11. drmole

drmole Active Member

great work guys still disgusted tha some would let an 05 car get like tha but the wizzards of PRD worked there magic once again
  12. superkarl

superkarl MAN OF STEEL

do us a favour and give the owner a slap when you give it back
  13. drmole

drmole Active Member

ill second tha :iagree:
  14. FranA3

FranA3 events moderator

ah right i just assumed because of all the scratches by the drivers door area typical of a chicks car that is , im still amazed at how bad it was such a filthy car and ive seen some rats in my time but that is one of the worst for a good long while
  15. Rhyso

Rhyso Active Member

Went back last week sadly.

I've never seen a Golf in such a poor condition; I've only just got rid of the rash I had from sitting in it whilst logging the car :laugh:
  16. mick mc

mick mc mickyray

Hi Guys,
    Did you give him a good slap or was it a case of taking him into a mine and losing him!! Great job done on the car but pity it is wasted on a knob!! You will have to start filtering your clients:gun2::gun2::gun2::gun2::gun2::gun2: