1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dipstick poping out

Crazypete00 Dec 2, 2012

1. Crazypete00

Crazypete00 Active Member Audi S3 Audi A4

Hi, noticed recently that my dip stick has been poping out about 2cm. just wondering what might be causing this.

could it be blocked breathers? a few weeks ago i fitted a catch can and have noticed yellow sludge inside the pipes etc.

2. g60leigh

g60leigh Well-Known Member

Sounds like a blockage causing too much back pressure.
    Check for any kinks in the catch can pipe work.

3. Sam_

Sam_ Down under

Yeah or worst case, worn rings.

4. Crazypete00

ok will have a look today. hope it isnt worn rings. do you know a rough cost for the rings? might be removing the head soon to fit new turbo mani and dp

5. badger5

badger5 www.badger5.co.uk Site Sponsor

worn/broken dipstick tube also

6. Ste_Nova

Ste_Nova Active Member

are you still vac'ing the catch can or is it open vented?

7. Crazypete00

Another thing I did recently was to replace the dip stick, the old one was smashed to pieces and it all ended up in my sump, I removed the dip stick tube didn't notice any damage on that but it could be worn.

My catch can vents to atmosphere.

I had a quick look ealier, there was a slight kink in the outlet on my catch can, since straighting it out, it seems my dip stick isn't popping out anymore but I haven't really driven it hard under boost.

Bill I need to get in touch with u soon so will drop u a pm if u don't mind.