Dipstick alert

With reference the start ups mine does splutter a little, I've brought a new fuel filter which is yet to go on as I'm not sure when the last one was changed but now I will be trying the new dipstick. I've had the car nearly 2 years with 3 services and it's always done the slight splutter so hopefully mine didn't break recently. Not sure if I've missed it in this chat but does anyone have the part number for the pre face lift?

With reference the start ups mine does splutter a little, I've brought a new fuel filter which is yet to go on as I'm not sure when the last one was changed but now I will be trying the new dipstick. I've had the car nearly 2 years with 3 services and it's always done the slight splutter so hopefully mine didn't break recently. Not sure if I've missed it in this chat but does anyone have the part number for the pre face lift?

The PN is the same for both the pre-facelift and facelift which is 06F 115 611 F.

I wrongly assumed the dipstick tube was a different diameter between the two as thought that mechanic69 also got the PSI one when in fact he got the ECS dipstick as did samuelh_888, the actual reason was because I incorrectly bought the PSI TSI one which is thicker than the ECS TFSI version.

The fuel filter is well worth doing on the 2L TFSI's, despite Audi stating that it does not need to be changed, mine was done at 62K and was full of ****.

Last edited:
Thanks for that @HHS3 don't worry about it, will be sorted soon enough and I'll contact psi and explain so the 1 I need is the ECS and there is 3 colours to choose from ?

Thanks for that @HHS3 don't worry about it, will be sorted soon enough and I'll contact psi and explain so the 1 I need is the ECS and there is 3 colours to choose from ?

Yeah that's the one just make sure it has 2.0 TFSI in the title (rather than 8V etc.):
http://www.psituning.com/product.ph...let_engine_oil_dipstick___2_0_tfsi___golf_6_r

Ade at PSI confirmed that this will fit our Audi S3 8P's BHZ & CDLA engines, both samuelh_888 and mechanic69 are running it fine no problems.

Annoyingly it is out of stock for around 10 days now, but here are the three colour options that will become available: Black Anodized, Silver Anodized or Polished.

So just drop Ade an email at info@psituning.com mentioning that you'd like a refund as it's the incorrect TSI one and he'll/she'll confirm as they are the one who deals with refunds. I've just sent mine off to that address with my name and a brief note in the package so they know who it's from which is all they need as I left the receipt at home.

Last edited:
I got the 2011 plate s3, ECS stick from PSI

31242091d6e091666ba3287b88c1f08a.jpg

01413fd8301a1d7fcbcee2d8bf6bf282.jpg

Don't mod get right part for your car

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: HHS3
Yes, the dipstick tubes for all models in the same. My car is from 2007 and the yellow dipstick I bought is the latest version.
The ECS version seems the most suitable replacement. Pity the new OEM ones are yellow as they do not match the rest of the orange parts.

I replaced mine today, 25k on it and started to crack at the top. For a tenner its eases my mind until the next thing

@HHS3 I've been emailing ade at psi just told me to do the same as you send it back with a little note explaining. How do we go about paying the difference ?

Reactions: Moxy89
@HHS3 I've been emailing ade at psi just told me to do the same as you send it back with a little note explaining. How do we go about paying the difference ?

He's going to refund the full amount back and they we'll just have to put a new order through once they're back in stock.

Curious Q...I finally got around to checking my dip stick yesterday...and it is the orange type that has a O-Ring just about the chunky triangle bit, but that aside everything looked ok.

My query though is, I did the check when the engine was running...and took out the stick etc....should there have been a change in engine note/smoothness in its running as it just sounded the same??

I do occasionally get a hunt type behaviour on idle, and the revs do sometimes not drop immediately when the clutch is dipped...does this indicate there is another hole, incomplete seal somewhere else that I am not aware of? *crosses fingers*

Cheers

Psi have had a delivery of the ECS ones I've had mine sent today

Good stuff. I received my refund however it was only for the dipstick which is £29.99 rather than the order total including delivery which was £39.58, add the £6.70 postage to return it then I'm £15 out of pocket which is annoying but my own fault I guess!

Please post a photo so that we can see it in situ.
What colour are most people going for?

Mechanic69 posted pics in post 45.

I've only seen people with the polished finish on here but I want to go for the Black Anodized one myself.

Just fitted my new dipstick it fits perfectly and is very tightly sealed and its 100000% times easier to check the oil

Reactions: HHS3