1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dip stick bung - now an emission control system fault

Discussion in 'Audi S4/A4/A4 Cab (B8 Chassis)' started by Rodders., Oct 27, 2013.

1. Rodders.

Rodders. Active Member

[Oct 27, 2013]
    I was being so careful, putting it back after i finished, just done oil and filter change, but i manged to leave it out and go driving.

I had a little spray of oil come out. What made me look under the bonnet is the engine light has come on. I think theres a crankcase pressure regulating system and perhaps a sensor on this has thrown up an error cause all pressure was open to atmosphere?

Anyone else left the bung out and had their engine light come on?

Bung is back. Car driving fine. But could be something else?

Car is 2.0tfsi
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2013
  2. Ads

Ads

[Oct 21, 2014]

3. bez101

bez101 Yorkshire & Humber Rep. Regional Rep VCDS Map User

[Oct 27, 2013]
    i lost mine for a day no lights tho
  4. Rodders.

Rodders. Active Member

[Oct 27, 2013]
    Hmmmm. Worrying. No idea what it is then. Messaged someone close with a cable to look up fault codes. Hoping nothing too major as its running ok.
  5. Rodders.

Rodders. Active Member

[Oct 28, 2013]
    Well reading through the car manual, the yellow engine shaped light refers to an 'emission control system' fault.

Booked into garage for a plug in, £36, Audi wanted £98. Not bad, only had the car a week. Probably turn out I bought a lemon. If the dealer wasn't 123 miles away I would go back to him, but it would cost more than that in fuel.

If it turns out to be something expensive, wonder how good the warranty will be he gave me.........
  6. Rodders.

Rodders. Active Member

[Oct 28, 2013]
    Just been plugged in. Idle control problem and an air leak.

Not sure what threw up the error. The air leak could be because i left the bung out? Seems to coencide with when the light came on.

Its reset and not come back. Will see how it goes.