Dilemma

PMJ

need another DTM
Reaction score
Only a small one... My wife carts the kids about (3 or them) in a zafira GSI, now while this is a great little run around its on an 03 plate with 93K on the clock.... it has an issue that causes the GSI to cut out and the stability light comes on... Vauxhall have had the car for a total of 7 weeks and cant find the cause of the fault... so now the wife has lost confidence in the GSI and is wondering of she should start looking for another car... I suggested an A4 and have seen one that she likes (DTM model) but, with my kids all being over 5 foot is there enough room in an A4 for all 5 of us when we go out all together, can anyone is a similar family position give me some idea, we did look at an A6 estate but the wife thinks this is too long a wheelbase, the option is possibly a BMW 5 series...

Take all your kids out to have a sit in one. Also a 5 series is not much smaller than an A6?

B7 A4 has very poor legroom in the back.

I'll throw a curve ball in...........Skoda Superb?

The A4 will be way too small, the Zafira is a much better thought out car interior space wise.

I've got an A4 avant, and as much as I love it, it could never be described as spacious! I think with three grown up children in the back it would be a struggle for all concerned. The A6 is a much larger car as you say, but they are worlds apart in terms of interior space. A 5 series tourer isn't as large as an A6 I don't think.

The amount of room in the back depends on how tall the driver is, I'm 6'2" and can just about have my seat in the position I like and have a rear seat passenger sat behind me. As for the passenger side, its comfortable but not spacious. The answer to your question lies in the height of the driver and the length of time the journeys would be when 5 up.

Ryan

Only a small one...

Surely, this is a BIG dilemma! :)

What is your budget, and is performance important? How about a VW Touran? or any mid sized MPV to carry a family of five around, or a VW Passat Estate is also a good option for rear leg room, my B5 Passat Estate is the family transport for long distance, so I would presume the B7 is as roomy in the back? Get yourself a TDI for 40mpg+, can't go wrong.

Thanks for the idea's, budget is not huge.. around the 14 -15K mark, I would like to see another A4 in the family as I really like my cab but maybe an avant would offer a little more headroom in the back... both the wife and I are only 5'11 so drivers seat position would not be extreme.... I think as Ming says we wil have to trawl the dealers and try the seating room. as said A4 / BMW 5 and maybe another MPV bu not a vauxhall are options... she is still insistant that the A6 is too long...