1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dilemma !

Discussion in 'Other Brands & Models' started by audi_girl, Feb 14, 2003.

1. audi_girl

audi_girl Active Member

[Feb 14, 2003]
    As a few of you know, I am a bit of an Impreza fan, and I have just been offered the opportunity to swap my S3 for a UK300 Impreza...

Same length of time left on the lease, probably similar tax bill (higher emissions but lower list price).....

What would you do !?
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 21, 2014]

3. S3Bangs

S3Bangs Member

[Feb 14, 2003]
    Jo,

For me... it'd have to be a case of image really.. Without sounding like a conceited tw*t... I wouldn't choose an Impreza over an S3..Impreza to me says Boy racer, S3 says mature adult /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

The Impreza might be faster but when it comes to the fact that this is what you'll have to drive in day in day out, for creature comforts, which would you go for... however if you wanted to switch cos of all the probs you've had with the S, I wouldn't blame you to be honest.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif
  4. AL_B

AL_B Active Member

[Feb 14, 2003]
    Its quality & class V performance & no class, again isn't it. Is it the Bug-eyed impreza or the face-lifted one?

Errm, bearing in mind all the problems you've had with your S3, I'd be tempted to swap. Not sure if I would though.

I assume the lease company covers the insurance, if not, you need to account for that in your calculations. Its bound to be more.

AL
  5. Crafty

Crafty Member

[Feb 14, 2003]
    UK300 is ltd edition early bugeye. AFAIK its just a few little tweaks and styling/interior bits over a WRX ( 215bhp engine).

Up to you really. Wont be as confortable as a S3. Use more petrol, servicing will cost more.

Theres a guy called "chuckster", don't often see him on scoobynet but he is around on the 22b site. He owns a 22b - so is obviously heavily into scoobs, he also had a bugeye wrx for a daily driver, that got swapped pretty quick for a S3. Read the post Here

ooh, search on S3 brings up over 100 hits.. I'm off for a read /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
  6. Gambba

Gambba Active Member

[Feb 18, 2003]
    Is that your final decision? Go for plan A take the Impreza, stuff class, we're talking raw performance here!
  7. Moresauce

Moresauce Member

[Feb 19, 2003]
    Is it a wagon or the saloon? The image of an Impreza is certainly lower than an S3 particularly as the early ones are now in max power territory.

Alsot he interior is the biggest let down, if they sorted a gucci interior out for the turbo versions they would double their sales.

Stick with the S3!