1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DILEMMA

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by stoakseya4, Nov 15, 2006.

1. stoakseya4

stoakseya4 Active Member

[Nov 15, 2006]
    I'm about to purchase another car. Have a budget of c£18k.
    I've narrowed down the selection, and I have 2 main constraints (apart from the budget) which are I'd like to be able to use it on occasional track days and that I need to carry around at weekends a baby in the rear, so 4 seats are needed. It would only be a few days a year on track, so essentially it's for me to drive primarily on the road and have some fun in

The short list is:

E46 M3 (can get an 01/02 plate with 40k miles)
    B6 S4 (seen one on Trader in Blue with 60k miles)
    TT 3.2 DSG

Has anyone driven all 3, and can compare? Only been in the S4 personally so difficult at the moment...

Cheers
  2. Ads

Ads

[Nov 27, 2014]

3. loafy

loafy Member

[Nov 15, 2006]
    wot sort of miles do u a yr?
  4. hass

hass Member

[Nov 15, 2006]
    E46 M3 perfect for track and burnout ;)
  5. audialec

audialec New Member

[Nov 15, 2006]
    M3 a lovely car but cabrio suffers from chassis flex and gearbox does become very tiresome, try not to stray from audis youll only be disapointed n keep coming back- been there Alec
  6. J7USS

J7USS Shuddup Foooool!!

[Nov 16, 2006]
    Id say the S4 (B6) any day, I have a Mate who owns an S4 and my Neighbour who has an M3, The M3 (estoril blue)is the Better looking of the 2 IMO but the S4 aint far behind and Ive had a blast in Both of them :yum: and if I had your Budget (lucky Sod) then id go for the S4 definately.
    Id also add that the M3 seems to be alot more common these days whereas the S4 is alot rare...well from where Im from anyway!!
  7. stoakseya4

stoakseya4 Active Member

[Nov 17, 2006]
    Cheers guys
    I commute into London 3-4 days/week on the train. The other 1-2 days per week it's 90mile round trip on the A2/M2 to Dartford so mainly motorway miles, and weekends it everything. I guess I do average miles, maybe 13k a year.

Given a fair wind, I'd take the S4 but not sure about buying one with alot more miles than I'm used to having.

Will keep on thinking and dreaming! But house sale goes through on 1st December, so 2nd December I want to be buying something QUICK AND FAST...