1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dilemma

Discussion in 'New A3/S3 (8V Chassis)' started by geefunk1978, May 15, 2014.

1. geefunk1978

geefunk1978 Well-Known Member

So the door rattle has come back again and my start/stop seems to have packed in, again. So a trip to the stealer is imminent.
    Now, do I remove the tuning box before I take it in or not?! Don't want them to turn around and say "sorry your car warranty is void" or do you think they'd even notice?
  2. robo1million

robo1million Member

Yes definitely, get it removed. Don't give them an opportunity to stick you with a big bill!!!
  3. geefunk1978

To be honest the start/stop is not a massive issue but the rattle is bloody annoying. At least I know what it is this time and I'm going to take it back to the same dealer as last time. There's no hiding the Milltek tho so surely the tuning box won't make a difference.
  4. Silky-S3

Silky-S3 Is loving his new 8V S3!

That's the main plus point of the MTM box, 20 second to remove it. No tools, no getting under car etc.
  5. J6YAK

J6YAK Active Member

Yeh I agree just take off the box and fit the blanking plug, that'll put it back to standard. That's what I did with my TT when it went in to audi, as long as your wiring is neatly done they won't notice. They probably won't even open the bonnet!
  6. RossR

RossR Member

If you were just taking it in for the rattle then blanking plug would be fine. If they are going to look at the stop/start I'd remove the lot.
  7. geefunk1978

Pretty tricky removing the entire turbo back exhaust system!!
    Might just live with start/stop and send it in for rattle as is. Be interesting to see what they say!
  8. bobinder

bobinder Active Member

You do realise you have your number plate on this forum and if an employee from an Audi garage was to see it then they'd know you've tampered with the car? :)
  9. geefunk1978

Oh well. Audi should've built it how I wanted it from the start