1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dilemma - TTS or Cayman S

CJP80 Feb 3, 2008

1. C_Audiboy

C_Audiboy Vroom Vroom

****** lovely!!!

So I managed to talk you round to a Boxster then :)

I'll assume you were smitten on the test drive ?

Very nice, and a good spec you have there..... you've got all the 'must haves' I'd say.

I'm with Privilige for my insurance. I think it was approx £700 with 5 years protected NCD included. When I was checking there wasn't a single insurance company that would cover without a tracker (must be my dodgy Glasgow post code ha ha).

2. baz1985

baz1985 Member

£40k it has to be 996turbo...no contest.

3. siu00adg

siu00adg Member

When I come to change the S3 in about a year I'm thinking I'll spend about £40k, the three very different cars I have in mind are an RS4, a Nobel M12 (M400 if I can find one) or a Ferrari F355 (Not the fastest car in the world but OMG what a sound!). Not a big fan of the 911, but there is no doubt the 996turbo would be awesome.

4. thebears

thebears Member

And EVO had the S3 quicker than the 135i :jump:

5. dbm

dbm Active Member

I'm pretty sure it was the 130i they tested against the S3

Cheers,
    Dan

6. CJP80

CJP80 Member

Update above.

Still have the Short Shifter and Exhaust if anyone is interested.

7. d3fy

d3fy Active Member

Did you get an answer on the Miltek

8. Kris

Kris Member

Ok, in reverse order then .......

There was a point?? I have read your post back with hopefully an open mind but still only read innuendo with a splash of sarcsm. I tried to give a constructive response without wild claims but perhaps the point of my post was missed or indeed the point of posting??

I did state the conditions were favourable to the quattro which you chose to ignore, perhaps we should revive the thread suggesting quattro does sweet fa. With regard to the Z4M aledgedly stepping out (rear wheel drive in unfavourable conditions) i can only pass on your comments and suggest he was imagining it ....... i could pass on he's just a poor driver in an M but that would just be rude. Perhaps asking a little more may have yielded further information in order for an informed response but then perhaps that may just be too civil.

To you find this hard to beleive. So, based on your comments that it's all down to the drivers you presume to know us both and our abilities. Or, you cannot beleive a car with similar power can give an M a run for it's money. Either way, no problem i'll concede to being a liar.

CJP80,
    Appologies for robbing your thread. Car looks the dogs mate, enjoy :thumbsup:

9. CJP80

CJP80 Member

Hi mate,

I'm still waiting on a response to my email.

I'll give them a call today and get back to you.

Cheers

CJP

10. CJP80

CJP80 Member

Apologies to d3fy. I've simply not bothered to call Milltek having not had an answer to my email. I will call them on Tuesday.

I have been raking through the "car cupboard" and have a few thinks for sale if anybody is interested let me know:
    • Audi RS4 Jacket in Medium, worn once, like new -- £45
    • Forge Adjustable Short Shifter for A3, S3, GTI -- £50
    • Full Milltek Turbo Back Exhaust - Twin 90mm Jet (resonated) -- £600 ono
    • New Road Angel -- £?
    I also have an A3 rear cargo net and Conti Sport Contact 2 tyre (225/40/r18) with 6mm left on it which I'll give away to anyone who can come and pick it up. I'm in Musselburgh, near Edinburgh

Feel free to PM me if interested.

11. jonnyc

jonnyc Member

pm sent re. Short shift..

Thanks

Jonny

12. CJP80

CJP80 Member

Does anyone know where the F$%k my A3 / S3 items for sale thread went?

13. CJP80

CJP80 Member

Hi Folks,

For all of you who queried whether the S3 exhaust would fit an A3 2.0T q. I have just spoken to Milltek and they said that tailpipes on an A3 sit slightly further right than on an S3 so the exhaust would fit but the tailpipes would be NOT be in the centre of the cut out. The only way to rectify this would be to cut the bumper or use the rear valance of an S3 on your car.

Not great news, but I can still sell the downpipe to an A3 owner.

Cheers,

CJP

14. jonnyc

jonnyc Member

It will have been deleted by a MOD, had it done to mine too a while back..

Jonny