Difference in these catch cans!

Both are good afaik, check the volume they hold, but Forge are closer to you incase of any warranty issues huh & they're very good mate, so I'd check them out 1st.

& the car you drive is & how much is it worth to keep it running well & less gunked up mate?

Point made I think lol.

nah slim, just reality check lmfao

Either will do the job I should think, just check specs & obviously costs for returning, warranty etc as US may well warrant the item, but its the cost of sending back if it does go tits up mate.

Must be someone on here with 1 of each.

I know of a guy on SCN with one so will be contacting him later this morning for some feedback.

I can't really see what would go wrong with them to require warrenty work. Parts can be easily replaced.

hmmm id go forge for the reason nige said... closer to home..

i had one of these on my Cooper s and my god did it catch some oil!! definately needed especially on non N/A cars....

They will both perform just as well as each other.

Regarding the links you posted if you are running a CAI I do not think you will have room in the engine bay to run the BSH Competition Can. Room in the engine bay is very limited in the S3. This is why I am running the BSH Street Catch Can. I have mounted it next to the charcoal emmisions cannister as can be seen here on the left front of my engine bay:
IMG_1714.jpg

While I was using the OEM intake I mounted it here:
29102009020.jpg

In the USA 2.0 TFSIs do not have the charcoal cannister so there is more room to mount the catch cans.

I have not used the Forge Catch Can but if I was buying a catch can now I would go for the Forge rather than BSH (the forge was not available when I got mine).

I feel the Forge is a more complete product -

- You do not need to drill any holes to mount it as it uses existing OEM points
- It integrates into the EU style 2.0 TFSI engines as it takes into account that we have a charcoal cannister
- Quality of the parts look better
- It uses fluro-silicone hoses which should last better

I can't really see what would go wrong with them to require warrenty work. Parts can be easily replaced.

Was just something to remember Boycie when buying from afar, but guess everythings afar where you are :undwech:

They will both perform just as well as each other.

Regarding the links you posted if you are running a CAI I do not think you will have room in the engine bay to run the BSH Competition Can. Room in the engine bay is very limited in the S3. This is why I am running the BSH Street Catch Can. I have mounted it next to the charcoal emmisions cannister as can be seen here on the left front of my engine bay:
IMG_1714.jpg

While I was using the OEM intake I mounted it here:
29102009020.jpg

In the USA 2.0 TFSIs do not have the charcoal cannister so there is more room to mount the catch cans.

I have not used the Forge Catch Can but if I was buying a catch can now I would go for the Forge rather than BSH (the forge was not available when I got mine).

I feel the Forge is a more complete product -

- You do not need to drill any holes to mount it as it uses existing OEM points
- It integrates into the EU style 2.0 TFSI engines as it takes into account that we have a charcoal cannister
- Quality of the parts look better
- It uses fluro-silicone hoses which should last better

I'd agree with all of these points.

The Forge can is very well made,and after sales service from Forge is excellent.

The only sticking point is draining the can,which does mean a bit of dismantling,but I can't see any way you would get around the need for a system like this.