1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Difference between stage 2 and 2+

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by JamesS4cab, Aug 13, 2010.

1. JamesS4cab

JamesS4cab Well-Known Member

[Aug 13, 2010]
    As i have now completed stage 2 (ITG and MT TBE plus Revo software) I am tempted to call it quits on performance mods and start on the pretty stuff.

Just wondering if anyone can tell me from experience if I am going to notice a massive difference between stage 2 and the addition of the HPFP at £700+ with the extra software??

Its just that £700 gets me a FBMFSW or some new wheels and as I dont intend to track the car, is it really worth the extra ££?

Any thoughts most welcome.
  2. Jamiekip

Jamiekip Member

[Aug 13, 2010]
    Mid range is significantly improved, you'll notice the difference... but beware you may need to upgrade the clutch
  3. JamesS4cab

[Aug 13, 2010]
    Thats what scares me - its not just the £700+ for the pump - its the circa £1k for the clutch!!
  4. AuldReekie

AuldReekie Member

[Aug 13, 2010]
    The APR pump may cost that much, but there are countless of us running Autotech and KMD pumps with NO issues. Don't taken in by internet rumour mill about the scores of pump failures; you will need to keep an eye on the cam follower regardless of what pump you fit. These other pumps are significantly less expensive. I can't remember off the top of my head, but ~£300 mark. I got mine done at Stattler and they know their onions and have had no probs in the last ~12k. Then £50 to go 2+ with Revo.

My clutch is still holding out too having done ~12k. So many variables involved to say what will be the case with yours though. I will go uprated 'when' it fails, but until then I am modding the car based on what I want to do now, and not on the basis of what might happen.

Tis' up to you mate.
  5. JamesS4cab

[Aug 13, 2010]
    I have looked at the internals route but with the supply and build its looking like £400 + REVO so not overly cheap. I guess i need to try a 2+ car compared with my 2!

But how far do you go.........
  6. waring192

waring192 Member

[Aug 13, 2010]
    I have just gone from stage 2+ to stage 1 for 2 weeks and its a massive difference! Would hate to feel what stock is like for a while. I think you notice the difference more when you downgrade rather than upgrade.

Sort the internals then pay revo £100 and you will be smiling all day long. Far much more return than jazzing up the car.
  7. jsws3

jsws3 Member

[Aug 13, 2010]
    avp in burton upon trend does arp internals for stock pumps for £230 fitted and he is a revo dealer as well
  8. JamesS4cab

[Aug 13, 2010]
    So whats the difference between all of these pumps?? (Did you mean APR?)
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2010
  9. waring192

waring192 Member

[Aug 13, 2010]
    They are pretty much the same apart from the fact the APR has been tested...and it costs £750 new.

Im sure i read that some other big were slightly different, will try to locate the post.
  10. waring192

waring192 Member

[Aug 13, 2010]
    They are pretty much the same apart from the fact the APR has been tested...and it costs £750 new.

Im sure i read that some other big were slightly different, will try to locate the post.
  11. akash_sky1

akash_sky1 Active Member

[Aug 14, 2010]
    HPFP will make your mid range loads better....++ extra fuel right where the K04 is boosting the most, it will make a big difference that can be felt.
    Top end may not improve vastly but the power and torque curve beneath that will be much more of a big fat plateau after the boost kicks in then before,