1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Difference between Seat Ibiza and S3 FMIC

Effect Nov 1, 2009

1. Effect

Effect Member

Cousin's BF has written off his mk3 ibiza and I notice as it is sat in my gran's garage it has a nice FMIC, I havent closely inspected it but wondering if i have chance of a cheap upgrade here ?

James.

2. <tuffty/>

<tuffty/> Badger 5 Edition...Its all about the flow... Staff Member Moderator Audi S3

Got any pics? I have seen many different FMIC's on Ibiza's, all in different shapes and sizes...

Essentially though, if you want it to actually fit behind your bumper and retain the fog lights then if it isn't the same as either a Forge or AH Fabrications S3 FMIC then it prob won't fit.

Most of the Ibiza coolers I have seen use bigger inlets to the header tanks, S3 requires 51mm pipework at this point if you want the fogs retained else its pipes sticking out all over the place and much trimming of the bumper...

See the FMIC thread in the stickies...

<tuffty/>

3. Dani_B19

Dani_B19 Audi-sports own special child.

Guessing you havent managed to get 63mm pipework routed yet tufty!

4. <tuffty/>

<tuffty/> Badger 5 Edition...Its all about the flow... Staff Member Moderator Audi S3

Haven't tried yet mate, not high on the list atm... is still on the cards though as per today's update on my thread...

Point is though, if the Ibiza FMIC is of a similar size to the Forge/AH S3 one (most of the better ones I have seen are) and has 63mm outlets then it won't fit without bumper/slam panel trimmage and loosing the fogs as the 63mm silicon hose will be around 70mm O/D which will not fit where the Forge/AH ones do to retain fogs and proper fitment of the bumper.

<tuffty/>

5. badger5

badger5 www.badger5.co.uk Site Sponsor

if its ibiza one and if its a forge ibiza one, the pipework ends are small...