[ QUOTE ]
rickparmar said:
ok am thinking of getting 130 A3 diesel 130 bhp depends on insurance money tho

if i chipped it with revo 4 example, it cud give around 170bhp

can this keep up or be better than a 1.8t 150 bhp

???

thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

This is new, the REVO is only available in SPS1 form which is either on or off Rick, but it should be a quick motor if chipped, with better fuel economy to boot, under normal driving situations of course. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Thing to worry about is all that torque going through the front wheels mate, my chipped Passat Tdi easily spins the fronts up when there's a little damp on the road, and I've only got the 115 version /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

lol nice 1 jojo,

if i wanted 2 can i change all the turbos etc to get more bhp, like every1 does on a petrol?

also whats SPS1?

[ QUOTE ]
rickparmar said:
lol nice 1 jojo,

if i wanted 2 can i change all the turbos etc to get more bhp, like every1 does on a petrol?

also whats SPS1?

[/ QUOTE ]

My apologies Rick, I mis-read your first post. Revo offer the chip for 499 + vat, then you can by an SPS1 dongle around(149 + vat)to switch between chipped and standard maps - handy if your car is still under warranty or going in for a service. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

I have just had a 1.8 Quattro written off!, replaced it with a TDI 130, and the premium is 20 quid more on the diesel!! I shopped around a lot and this was the best I could do!! dont be fooled into thinking diesel will be cheaper on the insurance!!

at first it felt like a tractor!!, but after about 6weeks I certainly wouldn't go back!
Although the power drop from 180 BHP to 130 is quite big there is so much torque throughout the revs on the TDI, especially at the low end that it just pulls and puls and at times feels quicker than the quattro.
I really dont notice the noise anymore and the ride is just the same as the 1.8T, It feels very smooth.
All my mates that have other diesel cars always remark how quiet it is, but it will be a bit of a shock to you at first.
Once you get used to the small downsides of the diesel they are far outweighed by the fact that you can drive as hard as you want and still get back 48MPG, about 520 miles to the tank!!!!!

i jus feel really worried 4 getting a diesel and i dont no y /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

how much roughly did that set u back?

wats milege etc onit

the 130 is pretty hard to find and the quattro is more or less impossible!!!
I was in a bit of a rush and had to find one within about two weeks!,
I got a 51 silver TDI 130 facelift model, full black leather, BOSE, full SE spec with all the usual perks like auto dip rear view mirror etc, 60k miles, for just over 10K.
The trouble is once people have a diesel it is very hard to go back to petrol. once used to the economy.
If you have more time though, dont rush into buying one, they are out there especially if you are prepared to travel to find one.
I couldn't find any tdi quattro for less than 14k, and I just couldn't afford that much

I have a TDiQ and it was hrd to find! I just looked on the Audi used approved and there are none listed at all. Mines a keeper....I just love it. Keep looking, there must be some out there. In fact there was a very high spec but now sold TDiQ in the for sale section at a great price. Mine was £17k, 3 months old, 5k miles, good spec. Current insurance just renewed this wek at £346 fully comp protected no claims through Direct Line. Try and get a shot in one if your not sure about the noise etc etc...

Happy Hunting

hi get the diesel mate. ive got an a3 tdi 130 but i got it chipped and its kicking out 182 brake and still getting around 40mpg its brilliant woundn't go back to a petrol.

182 nice

but i wont be able 2 get insured on 130 bhp /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

looks like i mite be gettin 110 is that ok?

Its not an A3 but the Golf GT TDI I have as a week day tourer is a cracking car to drive.

Its the 130bhp version. Six speed box, recaro seats, CD, climate, centre arm rest, bla, bla...

I have owned an A3T sport in the past, and I would say the Golf PD130 I have now is a much faster car that the 1.8T in standard form.

All this and with 45 - 52 mpg to boot, its a great package.

They hold there money like nobody's business though.

As for the noise, yes very tractor like when cold but not too bad when warmed up.

Never get the same 'feel' of speed from a oil burner though, the noise is just never the same!

Choice is yours!

[ QUOTE ]
rickparmar said:
182 nice

but i wont be able 2 get insured on 130 bhp /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

looks like i mite be gettin 110 is that ok?

[/ QUOTE ]

I had a 110 Golf and it was very good IMO. Its not the PD engine but it was quick enough.

Get yourself some test drives!

Rich.

nice 1 will do, i wonder if i can change the turbos on the diesel ?

I sold my S3 and have bought a Golf Anniversary TDI PD150.

No regrets whatsoever, it pulls very hard....so much torque.

I could give you 1.8T boys a good run for your money /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Sem said:

I could give you 1.8T boys a good run for your money /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

You're on /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

...MAF replaced and it feels amazing, playing with scoobs again this morning - that's more like it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Adam

PS: Rick, get the derv /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
rickparmar said:
ok am thinking of getting 130 A3 diesel 130 bhp depends on insurance money tho

if i chipped it with revo 4 example, it cud give around 170bhp

can this keep up or be better than a 1.8t 150 bhp

???

thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

0-100, 1/4 mile .. probably not, not revvy enough so loads of gear changes to potentially **** up.

In gear though (the correct gear) I think a chipped 130tdi would be significantly quicker than a std 1.8T

A

[ QUOTE ]
monty77 said:
[ QUOTE ]
Sem said:

[/ QUOTE ]

You're on /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

...MAF replaced and it feels amazing, playing with scoobs again this morning - that's more like it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Adam

PS: Rick, get the derv /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

lol it would have to be on a dry day though, I struggle to get traction even in 3rd when it's wet!

Revo is gonna make it much worse!

I'm really missing the quattro though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

[ QUOTE ]
rickparmar said:
nice 1 will do, i wonder if i can change the turbos on the diesel ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup you can and what a difference it makes ..... my fabia vRS has a hybrid turbo, fmic, race exhaust, custom remap and it goes like the wind!

ur makin me happy now

jus say i get 110 tdi

do a remap and change turbo, wat bhp wud i be roughly gettin?

am sure the turbo sound would get rid of the tractor noise:)

merry xmas:)

a 110 can be tuned to 200 easily.

uprated injectors and a custom remap will do the job.

but you will need also need to look at uprating the clutch and brakes.

nice, i cnt find n e info on modding diesel A3, doesn n e one no links etc

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif