1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

diesel tt, good idea?

Discussion in 'TT/TT-S/TT-RS Forum' started by treblesykes, Mar 3, 2007.

1. treblesykes

treblesykes Member

[Mar 3, 2007]
    I was in an audi showroom today waiting for car service, I got to chatting to a salesmen about the TT ,trying to find a reason not to buy one for the mrs.

He reckons that a diesel TT will be announced soon (a promise audi made if they won le mans with a diesel apperently). A diesel would suit us but just doesnt seem right in a TT. Any thoughts? ps. he did say it may be a 3 litre diesel. seems a bit heavy for a small car.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 30, 2014]

3. WannaSeeMyTT?

WannaSeeMyTT? GA TT Owner

[Mar 11, 2007]
    Over here in the U.S., diesel has become a bit pricey! It used to be cheaper than regular gasoline but not anymore. However, diesel engines have a reputation of being very dependable with long life. I would say it depends on how long you'd keep the vehicle.

By the way, I see you are in York. My company, TSYS, has an office there. I hope at some point to be able to visit there!
  4. motorbikez

motorbikez Active Member

[Mar 11, 2007]
    Yes why not I suspect when audi bring out their next generation of diesel engines there will be one or more for the TT.
  5. treblesykes

treblesykes Member

[Mar 11, 2007]
    WannaSeeMyTT? The TSYS Knaresborough center is just next to my local audi dealership
  6. WannaSeeMyTT?

WannaSeeMyTT? GA TT Owner

[Mar 12, 2007]
    What a coincidence! Maybe if I get a chance for a business trip, I can time it with your next service and we can "do lunch"!

:laugh:
  7. edowen

edowen Member

[Aug 14, 2007]
    I'd chop in the A3 for a Diesel TT. I do 100 miles a day, and get an average of 44mpg from the 170 tdi. What I would like is a 3.0 TDi TT please Audi.
  8. vagman

vagman Member

[Aug 26, 2007]
    Nae chance of the 3.0 TDi finding it's way into a TT.

Whilst It may well be desireable, it is too damn heavy.

The word on the ground is that it'll be a 2 litre next generation diesel generating 204bhp.