Diesel Pump bolt stripped and leaking! Pics inside. HELP!

pilla

Reaction score
Good morning everyone, I decided to post this here also as i know this is a good site with owners willing to help, some vag sites you get no reply whatsoever. Anyway, Purchased a 105 tdi Golf 1.9 yesterday evening, I knew it had a diesel leak, i used this as a bargaining tool, the car drives nice, however was a little reluctant to start last night when engine was hot, now, the diesel leak is quite bad, big pool in the driveway after one night, so i inspect, turns out somebody had been there before and managed to strip the bolt on the injector pump housing, now i know the ideal scenario is to get the pump off, tap a new thread into the head etc, im just wondering if anybody has had experience of doing this or was there something else they done, like covered the whole thing in quicksteel or something or other, i can not afford to pay for this to be remedied, i would like to try and rectify it myself one way or the other, so any help or pointers would be appreciated. Thanks very much guys.

The red arrow is where the diesel is coming from, its pooling in that small U-bend, then leaking down on the gearbox, got to have the blowers off as it smells strong.

20141008_093346_zpsbfc25da1.jpg

20141008_093154_zps28d30881.jpg

Last edited:
I've managed to install a longer bolt and grab a hold of some thread, ive also added some metal weld to the area, im waiting for it to harden, if not fix, surely it should stem the flow of diesel at least?

Does anybody know if these bolts protrude inside the head? I havent started it yet, im waiting for the putty to set properly.

20141008_103219_zps17220816.jpg

20141008_103350_zpsc8af1eb2.jpg