1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Diesel Particle Filter?

Discussion in 'Diesel forum' started by Dazmo, Jul 24, 2009.

1. Dazmo

Dazmo Active Member

Diesel particle filter- is there any way of knowing if my car has one of these or not?

I have looked through the options list but nothing is listed.

Any know?
  2. Indie_DSG

Indie_DSG Member

Hi Dazmo,

If you have the handbook it will have a small section on the DPF itself.
    In my research, having a A3 2006 (56 Reg) 170 Tdi, I was informed by numerous people (here!) that my car did not have a DPF......but it has!

My understanding is...anything on a 55 Reg may have the DPF, Anything on a '06 and up will most likly have a DPF.

Reports on this are quite wild but this is what I have found out so far.

(I only found out when I had a flat battery? The in dash display flashed the filter DPF icon and I shat myself! £1200+ fix)

I hope this helps???
  3. devonmikeyboy

devonmikeyboy As far from JBS as possible !

In regards of an A3 all PD170 and newer common rail 140 and 170 PPD engines have a DPF. PD140 engines up to 2006 will not have a DPF and most where never built with any that came to England as it was an extra on English cars but built into a lot of Europian cars.

@Indie_DSG If your car is pre 2006 it probably hasn`t but 2006 and older do. Any car with a DPF will have a DPF light on the dash to show you when it is in regen mode or just look in the manual.
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2009
  4. devonmikeyboy

devonmikeyboy As far from JBS as possible !

Last edited: Jul 28, 2009