1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Diesel Engines....

Remster May 23, 2005

1. Remster

Remster Member

Does anyone know if Audi are planning to drop the 2.5 or 3.0 TDI engines into the A3 and if not why not? I would guess maybe a size issue with the 3.0l but the i think the 2.5 would be quite nice! It'd certianly have some poke. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

2. auroan

auroan Active Member

whats the engine layout of the 3.2 isn't that longitunial ? If the 3.2 v6 petrol's in an A3 why not the 2.7tdi ?

3. Japper

Japper Ibis S3 Fan Club

[ QUOTE ]
    whats the engine layout of the 3.2 isn't that longitunial ? If the 3.2 v6 petrol's in an A3 why not the 2.7tdi ?

[/ QUOTE ]

All engines in an A3 are transverse. There is a longitudinal version of the 3.2 for A4,A6 and A8 also.

4. Cupramax

Cupramax Uber pimp meister

[ QUOTE ]
    There is a longitudinal version of the 3.2 for A4,A6 and A8 also.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its a totally different engine, not just a version for longitudinal installations.

5. JaminBen

JaminBen Member

...and if you're really having wet dreams of a longitudinal 3.2 VR6, then you have to go to Cayenne ;-)

6. Japper

Japper Ibis S3 Fan Club

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    There is a longitudinal version of the 3.2 for A4,A6 and A8 also.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its a totally different engine, not just a version for longitudinal installations.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just my wording, but i'm sure there will be a lot of common parts /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

7. Paul_M

Paul_M Member

I'm sure I read somewhere that the it's a narrow angle V in the A3 3.2, and a wide angle V in the A4/A6/A8 3.2.

8. marriedblonde

marriedblonde Active Member

Fortunately VW manged to use the mkIII Golf as the test bed for this engine - the early ones where plagued with problems - head gaskets failures, head's cracking, over heating etc but they sorted it all out and it's been great since...