1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Did you pull a Sickie today?

jojo Feb 1, 2010

1. jojo

jojo Looking for Boost! Staff Member Moderator Team Daytona Audi S3 quattro Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group

OK, own up, who didn't go to work today?

Today is apparently Nation Sickie Day, the day the most Sickie's are called in during the year! ... probably cause everyone treated themselves to a long weekend after getting paid! lol

2. L1 HCS

L1 HCS Active Member

Lol! I never work on Mondays but I was called in and worked 4 hours overtime. Long day eh!

3. jojo

jojo Looking for Boost! Staff Member Moderator Team Daytona Audi S3 quattro Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group

You was called in Helen, because someone called in sick! lol

4. L1 HCS

L1 HCS Active Member

That's exactly it!

5. I did..!

But i'm still not great now - Got an evil gastro type sick bug, started last night. My son had it then my wife and i got it at the same time last night - Thank the lord for nursery's - Being sick with an 11 month old isn't fun!

Now, if you'll excuse me, i'm off to be sick...

6. quattrojames

quattrojames Moderator Staff Member Moderator Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group

I've got manflu, quite severe too :(

Still went in though, at least work distracts!

7. sidibear

sidibear Looking for Zombies !! Staff Member Moderator Audi A4

I work from home, so its not as if I gain anything. But I did have to go to Egham today and I didn't really want to.

8. rob v6

rob v6 Learning the VAG way

no i did not but i wish i had what a **** day

9. Nilz

Nilz Defo worth the wait :) Team Ibis TFSI Owners Group quattro Audi A4 S-line owners group saloon Manual

No sickie, but I had a bloody burst pipe which I found last night at midnight, then spent a few hours, trying to trace it under the flooring!!!

Gave up and got a plumber in to sort it in the end today, so no sickie, but took it as a hol instead :)

Not much of a hol tho'!!!

10. Gops

Gops Badger 5 Edition VCDS Map User Gold Supporter Audi S3

I was meant to have lectures but it was cancelled, so slept til very late! Bought a new contract phone deal, so overall not a bad day!

11. Peachy

Peachy Member

I very nearly phoned in sick today, I have a throat infection and work in a call centre :( I struggled in though and got mega abuse down the phone from irate customers, definately worth it!:notme:

12. Nilz

Nilz Defo worth the wait :) Team Ibis TFSI Owners Group quattro Audi A4 S-line owners group saloon Manual

Aint that just a normal day then Lauryn?? ;)