Did anyone ever use the Free MOT from Audi?

Westy

Reaction score
My MOT is due and I was just about to book up when I remembered that Audi are currently doing them for free.

I know this deal has been going for a while now and wondered if anyone has had a free MOT from Audi and how it went. I cant seem to find any hidden costs or anything in the small print so I think I'll go for it.

FREE is my favourite word :rockwoot:

I know someone that used them and said it all went ok. Think they just do it to get people into their dealerships and if it fails they hope you will use them to fix the issues which is where they make their money.

Had mine a couple of weeks ago. Flew through with no problems. I can imagine they'll sting you though if it does fail!

As far as im aware, alot of people have had this done and have not seen many complaints back about it, so if you can do it and you know its got a good chance of passing then go for it.

After all FREE, is the magic number, (i know its a word, but it sounds better)

if it does fail they also wave the retake charges like they did for me=)

Hi,

I have also used it recently and had no problems at all, I combined mine with some unrelated warranty work that needed doing to my faulty door lock. I just did the usual basic checks like, tyres, bulbs and wiper blades etc, so I knew it would not fail on anything stupid!!

Chris

I got mine done back in july. Flew through with no problems at all which i was suprised with as the MOT was free, thought they'd fail on wipers or something, but they even topped up my washer bottle so it didn't fail =)

Wow some good press about a main dealer :)

I took mine to cheshire oaks audi and wouldnt be taking it there again even if they were to pay me for it

Took the car there, told them could they do the emmsions test 1st whilst the car is running red hot (needed it done 1st due to the cat) well they didnt, sat there for nearly 4 hours where the emmsions was done last of all. Failed on headlights aim, brake lines not correctly secured (looked myself and was all ok) and emmsions.

Was told the lambda sensor, diagnostics, fitting and retest would cost £485 with vat. Just looked at them and was like are you kidding. Never heard anything like it in my life lol

Where have you lot taken your cars for the test becasue they sound alot more use than cheshire oaks

I took mine to cheshire oaks audi and wouldnt be taking it there again even if they were to pay me for it

Took the car there, told them could they do the emmsions test 1st whilst the car is running red hot (needed it done 1st due to the cat) well they didnt, sat there for nearly 4 hours where the emmsions was done last of all. Failed on headlights aim, brake lines not correctly secured (looked myself and was all ok) and emmsions.

Was told the lambda sensor, diagnostics, fitting and retest would cost £485 with vat. Just looked at them and was like are you kidding. Never heard anything like it in my life lol

Where have you lot taken your cars for the test becasue they sound alot more use than cheshire oaks

Took mine there mate, didn't have a problem other than the slow service tbh.

I used this last year and no problems, A tyre technician phoned me to tell me my rear tyres were low did I know. Yes was tyhe reply there are 2 sat in my shed waiting to be fitted when they reach the limit :p

They even took me to work and brought the car back to me after the MOT, Didn`t use my car to take me to work and it wasn`t a scroat that drove it back.

I wouldnt leave my car in the hands of the snot nose brats that work in Audi even for a free mot.

I got the free MOT last month with a major service and it failed the MOT on the front tires one of the rear springs anti roll bars and bushes the dealer geve me the price list and the part number and i got the work carried out somewhere else!!!

I got the free MOT last month with a major service and it failed the MOT on the front tires one of the rear springs anti roll bars and bushes the dealer geve me the price list and the part number and i got the work carried out somewhere else!!!

In a way i'm hoping there's something wrong with my shocks because I want an excuse to get coilovers :)

Yeah They would be a good thing to get I think they are worth the money im gonna get them when i get some money!!!

Had mine done last week, just a couple of advisories. Free MOT and the car washed, waxed and vacuumed, plus they do a check over...a bargain in my book!

Have had 2 free MOT's in last 6 months by Plymouth Audi (A4 1.8t & S3) and on both occassion the cars passsed first time with no work reqd, so from that experience I'd say it's a great deal but as always it's down to dealers being honest.

basicaly they are slightly picky, i left with the car got work done then took it back before 7 days and they did the FREE retake!

Just got my car back from Audi and it has failed its MOT because the drivers side rear shock has a "serious leak". I think "weeping" is more accurate but there you go. The thing has been weeping since I bought the car but its been functioning just fine so I left it, it also went through last years MOT (not at Audi) without a problem.

They quoted me £134.08 for the shock fitted and he recommended doing both rears as the car has done 115,000 miles. I told him i'm going to upgrade the shocks anyway so i'll take my car now. He was reluctant to give me the keys and said "but you wont have an MOT if you take it now", my certificate expires on the 27th of February so i've got a month to sort it.

Now my initial reaction was "great I can buy coilovers" but i've only got 10 days if I want to get a free re-test. I'm now on the lookout for a 2nd hand drivers side rear shock to put on this weekend so I can get my free re-test next week then worry about what suspension to get later.

Can't you just book it in at another Audi garage for another free test somewhere else?

They've been doing the free MOT thing for a while, got my s3 done last year no catches. Have been using Glasgow Audi for 3 years and no real complaints... always get good service, coffee and a washed & vacuumed car at the end of it! Maybe expensive but as I've no mechanical nouse whatsoever the extra ££ pays for my peace of mind!

haha you used the same excuse as me! they said excessive play in the suspension strutt , so i was thinkin if i have to take all suspension off anyway might as well buy COILOVERS =)

Can you notice a difference in ride height with the new 'gmbh' ones?

I couldn't be bothered to swap the springs over in the end mate so I just did the rear shocks. As far as I can see the front and rear shocks are all the same it was just the springs that were 10mm lower.

I sold them to Jonny87 on here because he had a cracked rear spring so maybe he can post up some before and after pics if he's going to replace all four springs!

I just used it a few weeks ago, but sadly didn't qualify for the £50 cover (upto £750 towards passing if the car fails) and ended up having to get 60% of the suspension bushes replaced, and new ARBs.

Did use the web based form system to contact my local dealership to arrange a free MOT. They never returned my call despite me ringing after 2 weeks.

Bridgend Audi = Useless!

As I said Wes...

I used the form system to contact my local dealership. Meaning I rang them, with the form in hand. Twice I might add. Not even a snitch of contact back even though I left messages about booking.

So it makes no difference at all!

Bridgend Audi = Still Useless

G

That's pretty bad service. It's probably because most Audi dealerships dont actually carry out the MOT themselves, they use subcontractors as I found out yesterday.

Dropped of my car at Audi explained it was for an MOT re-test and they told me i'd be better off taking it directly to the garge! I was very confused!!! Anyway Audi dont really want to touch them unless there's loads of stuff wrong for them to fix after the MOT, which is why they weren't too happy about me taking my car away with a knackered shock and changing it myself :)

Some chap up at head office must have decided on doing free MOTs hoping that most of the customers then use Audi for any repairs.