Did any body know the euros has started....

s3dave

TFSI Hybrid
Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.stainless-engineering.co.uk
:whistle2:

Seems all the country has lost all hope....witch is hardly surprising, there all probably getting drunk in Krakow as we speak ....

Any Predictions? The Russians looked good tonight..

I will go with the Dutch...

screw football, can't stand it. The sooner this is done with the sooner it can be struck off my list of "things I don't give a flying fig about this summer" along with the Jubilee. Then it's just the Olympics to suffer through and this god-awful summer of nonsense will be done with.

I was sat in a garage waiting room for the opening ceremony and some of the first game this afternoon, I'm glad I had the foresight to take a book along!

:whistle2:

Seems all the country has lost all hope....witch is hardly surprising, there all probably getting drunk in Krakow as we speak ....

Any Predictions? The Russians looked good tonight..

I will go with the Dutch...

That's exactly who I've gone for, Holland with the Russians as dark horses!

Really, these people who hate sport don't know what their missing!

I think the Russians will do well, but I reckon Italy will win it. Of course, Holland and Spain were finalists in the World Cup 2 years ago, so you have to put some money on both of them too.

I love football, so this is just great for me. I have F1 this weekend, Live football, and my beer fridge is fully stocked.

Welcome to the weekend!!

Roy Hodgson only selected four strikers in his Euro 2012 squad;

Wayne Rooney
Jermain Defoe
Danny Welbeck
Andy Carroll

With Rooney suspended for the first two games and Defoe sent home for family reasons, we're left with only two striking options.

Danny Welbeck's right foot, and his left foot.

screw football, can't stand it. The sooner this is done with the sooner it can be struck off my list of "things I don't give a flying fig about this summer" along with the Jubilee. Then it's just the Olympics to suffer through and this god-awful summer of nonsense will be done with.

I was sat in a garage waiting room for the opening ceremony and some of the first game this afternoon, I'm glad I had the foresight to take a book along!

If youre happy and you know it clap your hands.........

Any Predictions??
England played well so all the experts say,I dragged myself out of my sickbed to watch and it's made me worse,was like watching a training match on how to defend.
Ref was biased,how many times was attacking play by England stopped by one of them deliberately? Surely it is a card.
A tackle on a French player where he hardly touched him is a yellow card !?

Spain played well so either them or England to win :)

Any Predictions??

Belgium, if they were in it.

But as they're not, I'll say Spain, but only if they decide to play with a striker instead of going the whole 90 mins without a striker on the pitch. Against Italy they started with no strikers, and in the 75th minute they brought on Torres.
So as I've just said, they played the entire 90 minutes without a striker on the pitch.

It's going to be tough for England now, a draw with France was a good result considering the way we played. But now the swedes need to win their next game which happens to be us, then assuming Ukraine lose to France they'll have to win their last, us again! With home advantage and not a bad side, that will be tough. I like the way hodgson has made us hard to beat, but he's also stifling some real attacking talent, the ref certainly didn't help though. Let's hope he free's the attackers up a bit against the swedes otherwise it could be a very boring game.

If we squeeze through the group I think we'll reach the semis, but I think it's Germany's year.

I was actually pleasantly surprised at England's performance. I thought they played well and they have seemed to be heading in the right direction of sorting the defense out by getting lots of bodies back to defend. I thought Oxlade-Chamberlain and Wellbeck were especially very good. I have a good feeling about this tournament after seeing them yesterday...come on England.

BIG BIG mistake not bringing Andy Carroll on. Defoe on his day is very good, but doesn't have the same presence as big Andy.
A lot of the french players will know that Andy has hit form lately and even if he came on and didn't play well, just bringing him on would've unsettled the french and probably ended in them changing their approach.
Substitutions are all about impact, and even if his impact was only psychological then it could've made all the difference.

BIG BIG mistake not bringing Andy Carroll on. Defoe on his day is very good, but doesn't have the same presence as big Andy.
A lot of the french players will know that Andy has hit form lately and even if he came on and didn't play well, just bringing him on would've unsettled the french and probably ended in them changing their approach.
Substitutions are all about impact, and even if his impact was only psychological then it could've made all the difference.
Would've made sense, with England's real chance being from set pieces. That's definitely what he'll be used for, but hopefully it won't be to throw the big man on and pump it long when we're chasing a goal.

It wasn't a soul destroying performance, but it didn't get my heart racing either.

England doesn't Expect.

I only knew when my missus went to watch Corrie and said that it had been taken off for the ****** football. Up until that point I didn't know.