1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dicky S3..... Dont do it !!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by The911SC, Mar 4, 2006.

1. The911SC

The911SC Active Member

[Mar 4, 2006]
    Heard rumours you are looking to trade your v nice ming blue chipped and sorted s3 for an...............................oil burner??????!!!!!
    /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsdown.gif
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 22, 2014]

3. dickys3

dickys3 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

[Mar 6, 2006]
    /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

Sorry mate I have to! Unlike some I have to commute to work EVERYDAY which is no good for my pocket!

Now if you give me a job and allow me to work from home then this problem would be solved! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Cheers
    Rich.
  4. god_thats_quick

god_thats_quick Numptie of the highest order

[Mar 6, 2006]
    Rich, just a thought, when I was looking at saving money and getting a derv the ammount I would have to spend on top of the trade in value of my car to get I was willing to have (2.0 GT TDi golf or similar) wasn't worth the saving in petrol costs even over quite a lot of miles.
  5. dickys3

dickys3 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

[Mar 6, 2006]
    [ QUOTE ]
    Rich, just a thought, when I was looking at saving money and getting a derv the ammount I would have to spend on top of the trade in value of my car to get I was willing to have (2.0 GT TDi golf or similar) wasn't worth the saving in petrol costs even over quite a lot of miles.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah know what you are saying, but I have done the maths and the savings are huuuge!

Currently I'm paying for the S3 to sit on the drive and look pretty while I fund a runabout to use back and fore to work each day. Its a waste to be honest and I don't particuarly like my runabout either (doesn't do too much for my street cred /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif) so they both have to go and I need to get a sporty diesel compromise.

For the money i'm looking to get for my S3 I can buy quite a tidy TDI which I would be happy with.

Cheers
    Rich.
  6. s3bow

s3bow Member

[Mar 6, 2006]
    Thought about this too. But, unlike you , I only do about 13K a year and thats going to come down soon.
    Trying to resist the diesel thing.
    I still like my car too much to swap. Had it nearly 3 years now. Unprcidented in my world.

Chris.
  7. imported_ZeroK66

imported_ZeroK66 Guest

[Mar 6, 2006]
    Shhh... its mine lol. Well will be looking at his car this weekend... see if he can "sell" the S3 to me and convert me from wanting a v8 S4 :p