Dials dials dials......

I

imported_tobycruse

Ok, after installing all my ICE and a rather overkill 1000w rms amp in the boot i have decided i need some dials.... 1 for the voltage and one for the current draw.... How would one go about wiring these in???

I have also see some rather fancy looking RPM dials..... Again, how would you wire those in???

Any and all help would be very.......helpful!!!

they usually come with simple instructions

do you need the dials or for just for show? there should be a voltage guage on your dash, if it doesn't drop below 13.6 V ish you'll be ok, you don't really need a current draw reading just put some circuit breakers in everything should be cool.

Yup, no voltage dial on the A3. I would like to see the voltage readout to make sure the amp in the back isnt takin to much and causeing the voltage to drop too much.

the a6 has one standard in the main pod, don't know if you could use one in an a3 if it would fit,

or there are others that are simple to install with instructions.

with my setup i'm lucky the stock alternator is pretty good at cruising speed, but have big leasure battery at the front and a high discharge one at the back and thats enough to keep the sound crisp, it will stuggle at idle like mine as you need high rpm on the alternator.