1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dewiper - boot liner help?

BradHatton Sep 27, 2012

1. BradHatton

BradHatton Member

I'm sure I'm being a muppet, but again, searched and found nothing..

I want to Dewiper my motor, I have a 25mm bung sat in my passenger side. I had a crack at it yesterday, removed the two obvious torques and gave the boot liner a yank, but nothing?

Is it held on with clips or is there something else securing it?

I don't want to go breaking anything, so any help would be appreciated! Thanks :)

2. dex140

dex140 Member

I cant recall where the torx are exactly but the trim itself is held on by some very strong clips!

3. BradHatton

BradHatton Member

So it's simply a case of removing the 2 torx and giving it a good yank?

4. Dsport

Dsport Active Member

Remove the 2 x torx put a flat screw driver under the bottom of the panel at the left hand side and pop them out one by one
    there is 4 clips on the bottom and 4 on the top it will get easier as you go along

5. BradHatton

BradHatton Member

I managed to undo 4 clips in total and got no further, I physically cannot see how it is possible.. :(:sos:

6. radhaz

radhaz New Member

Once the side clips are off, reach in and pop the interior clips. At least that's what ELSA says.

7. Dsport

Dsport Active Member

Have you had your wheatabix they will come just pull harder

8. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

Dont use a screwdriver as it will damage the paintwork & any condensation or possible leaks will start to rust, use a piece of wood or get the trim plastic tools to make some room in there, but yes give it a good tug downwards, best to get someone to hold the bootlid upwards, whilst you use both hands to grab the trim & pull downwards.

Use some angled pliers to remove the clips stuck in bootlid, make sure you re-tension the spring slips so they stay tight in the plastic trim when refitting, test all bootlid electrics whilst its of before refitting trim & most of all, have patients & take your time to line up all correctly.

You may also need a wiper puller as they get stuck with scale & grime.

9. J_V_DUB

J_V_DUB Member

And most of all listen to this man as he's a ninja:ninja:

As Nigel said the wiper might not budge even after threatening with bad language, hitting with a hammer, using WD40 and spraying it with Coke :D

10. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

LMAO thats true mate, we tried all known things that day including monsoon rain, didnt move.