Dewiper - boot liner help?

BradHatton

Reaction score
I'm sure I'm being a muppet, but again, searched and found nothing..

I want to Dewiper my motor, I have a 25mm bung sat in my passenger side. I had a crack at it yesterday, removed the two obvious torques and gave the boot liner a yank, but nothing?

Is it held on with clips or is there something else securing it?

I don't want to go breaking anything, so any help would be appreciated! Thanks :)

I cant recall where the torx are exactly but the trim itself is held on by some very strong clips!

Remove the 2 x torx put a flat screw driver under the bottom of the panel at the left hand side and pop them out one by one
there is 4 clips on the bottom and 4 on the top it will get easier as you go along

I managed to undo 4 clips in total and got no further, I physically cannot see how it is possible.. :(:sos:

Once the side clips are off, reach in and pop the interior clips. At least that's what ELSA says.

Dont use a screwdriver as it will damage the paintwork & any condensation or possible leaks will start to rust, use a piece of wood or get the trim plastic tools to make some room in there, but yes give it a good tug downwards, best to get someone to hold the bootlid upwards, whilst you use both hands to grab the trim & pull downwards.

Use some angled pliers to remove the clips stuck in bootlid, make sure you re-tension the spring slips so they stay tight in the plastic trim when refitting, test all bootlid electrics whilst its of before refitting trim & most of all, have patients & take your time to line up all correctly.

You may also need a wiper puller as they get stuck with scale & grime.

Dont use a screwdriver as it will damage the paintwork & any condensation or possible leaks will start to rust, use a piece of wood or get the trim plastic tools to make some room in there, but yes give it a good tug downwards, best to get someone to hold the bootlid upwards, whilst you use both hands to grab the trim & pull downwards.

Use some angled pliers to remove the clips stuck in bootlid, make sure you re-tension the spring slips so they stay tight in the plastic trim when refitting, test all bootlid electrics whilst its of before refitting trim & most of all, have patients & take your time to line up all correctly.

You may also need a wiper puller as they get stuck with scale & grime.

And most of all listen to this man as he's a ninja:ninja:

As Nigel said the wiper might not budge even after threatening with bad language, hitting with a hammer, using WD40 and spraying it with Coke :D

As Nigel said the wiper might not budge even after threatening with bad language, hitting with a hammer, using WD40 and spraying it with Coke :D

LMAO thats true mate, we tried all known things that day including monsoon rain, didnt move.