Detailing in Surrey area?

ROBS3

Reaction score
Hi all,

Would love to 'pop over' to polished bliss, but the 10 hour drive might be a bit too much!

So was wondering if anyone knew or could recommend some in the Surrey area?

Have seen this company online and the work looks pretty impressive. Has anyone used them before?

http://www.driveandshine.co.uk/

Also I have a few dinks - the usual car park knocks where people open there car door on yours etc etc. Is this something that detailers can fix or is it worth getting a 'dent master' type service done then getting it detailed after?

Thanks in advance...

Dan's a good chap, John at CleanandShiny.co.uk is also a good detailer

steve1975l said:
Rob did you ever use them? Need a valet on mine.

Steve,

Haven't used them to detail my car yet - that is planned in the next few weeks, will hopefully post some pics once it's done - can't wait!

I did however get them to valet a few family members cars and was very happy with them, they had the full exterior and interior valet - would recommend them.

I booked Bryan for the 18th for the full works just in time for the meet on the 19th at the Fairmile. Poor bloke doesn't know what he has let himself in for plenty of bush scratches and swirls to try and get out.

I will show the results to anyone at the meet on Sunday 19th and post some pics up afterwards.

Cool - I'm looking to get mine done around the same time (in time for the meet too :yes:)

Hopefully there'll be 2 spankingly clean S3's on the day!

You guys are getting a bit excited here!!!!!!

And so you should be, the outcome will probably be better than you imagined.

Just got to make sure you take good care of them after the work is carried out! I'm sure you're ready for that. Remember just to let the cars get dirty in between washes and then give them a good lubricating two bucket wash. Don't get too anal about wiping dust off the panels because that will just increase the likliehood of accelerated micro marring even on Audi paint.

Can't wait to see both your S3s posted up. Make sure you include some befores also. And the meet too?

Good luck,

JOHN

Cheers John.

Will sort out some pics as soon as it is done. The car certainly needs it as the previous owners seems to have been a bit of a fan of automatic car washers. :sadlike:.

I was going to ask the guy how best to maintain the work he is going to do, but if you can offer any more advice it would be much appreciated.

I don't mind spending £'s for the right products. Anything from mitts to shampoos, wax's, jet washers (if necessary) etc

ROBS3 said:
Cool - I'm looking to get mine done around the same time (in time for the meet too :yes:)

Hopefully there'll be 2 spankingly clean S3's on the day!

Hi Rob just a quick heads up for you. If you are looking to have your car done before the 19th i only have 16th/17th free.

ROBS3 said:
Cheers John.

Will sort out some pics as soon as it is done. The car certainly needs it as the previous owners seems to have been a bit of a fan of automatic car washers. :sadlike:.

I was going to ask the guy how best to maintain the work he is going to do, but if you can offer any more advice it would be much appreciated.

I don't mind spending £'s for the right products. Anything from mitts to shampoos, wax's, jet washers (if necessary) etc

After the car's been detailed by Drive N Shine it should be wearing a new refreshed clearcoat. This is the groundwork for the next couple of years, if not more. The most dangerous stage for putting swirls back into the body is the washing stage. Also, avoid dry-wiping the car - some people get all upset when a little bit of dust is covering their car and tend to wipe it off. Try and avoid doing this. Let the car get dirty and try and wash it once a week, or fortnight at the least.

So, you'll need a good wash kit and routine. Wash kit as below:
http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acatalog/pb500wash.html

or

http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acatalog/pb501wash.html

I'd also give the car a pre-soak foaming with your shampoo. For this, there's the Gilmour gun (£50ish), Autobrite Foam Lance for PW (similar price) or there's the hose-pipe version the Superspray (£9 from http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/washing-drying/super-spray-hose-end-sprayer/prod_335.html). I personally use the wee superspray.

Just look through the Polished Bliss and other detailing posts and you'll get an idea of the process.

Check the PB guides at the top of this forum.

I'd also get a gallon of Meguiars Last Touch ( http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acatalog/pb249maintain.html) quick detailer spray. I use this a lot after a wash and spray each panel and wipe off with plush MF cloths, gently (http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acatalog/pb128_402maintain.html). You will need at least one of the 3-packs. Last Touch is also good for removing very light stains from the car and is what I soak the bird crap with first before wiping off. Get rid of the bird stuff on the same day it lands!

Meguiars All Purpose Cleaner is good for arches and removing old chemical products. Can also be used in the interior for cleansing at the correct dilution. A good all-rounder this.

As for wax/sealant? Speak to Drive n Shine as to what wax or sealant is going on your car. You might want to buy some of that, so that say once every 4-6 weeks you can add another layer after a wash.

Just a rough guide mate but should be enough to keep you going for a long while. Where possible, buy your chemical liquids in the gallon sizes as you will use them up over time and they are best value for money.

I've probably forgotten something, oh yes... a wheel sealant (poorboys??, again from PB) is a good thing to have.

There's loads of different products out there, but since you asked me then I've given you the products I use all the time. I've also named Polished Bliss as the supplier because they offer great service and are totally committed to helping ALL detailers, as you can see by their Car Care Guides.

Hope this helps! It might seem a little confusing at first but this is normal. You will get used to all the terms and a lot of the products. But if in doubt, just post up on the forum and there's always someone willing to point you in the right direction.

Regards,

JOHN:icon_thumright:

Thanks for the reply John - just the sort of reply I was looking for.

Much appreciated mate.

Looks like I'll be putting in an order very soon!

Good avice.

I will see how well it turns out as to what I buy and I am sure Bryan will have some input as to wax.

Any pics yet Rob? Bryan is here and has started on mine...see you all tomorrow.

Looks awesome mate. Am really pleased.
Will try and post up some pics - unfortunately the pics didn't come out great cos the sun decided to hide once it was finished!

Just watching the foam gun in action was fun.

I just came back from karting (1st place BTW) but it was raining but Bryan took some pics of the process.

Steve, Did you manage to get any pics when it wasn't raining?

The beading shots are good tho.

Wow, that is some seriously impressive work on your S3 Rob. I think I'll have to treat my S3 sometime soon. Whereabouts are driveandshine based? Do they come to you or do you take your car to them?

It's dirty again now so no pics Rob, will treat it to a wash at the weekend. Mine was full of scratches, swirl marks and looked very flat almost grey. It is a lot wetter now + nice and shinny.

I was down at the Fairmile on Sunday for a bit but not for long.

Bryan comes to you he is near Chessington.

Must have missed you on Sunday - was there for a couple of hours, would have liked to have seen it in the flesh. Should be a lot easier to clean now :).

Thanks jcs356. As Steve says, he comes to you, with all the required equipment. He covers the Surrey area.

Definitely comes up a treat!

Arrived early and couldn't stay long as the boss wanted me back as I was out all day Saturday.

I will be along to the next one and will stay for the duration.

I bought some decent cleaning stuff now and tried it out yesterday and dirt comes off nice and easy. It has a lovely smooth feel to the paint.